miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /  

Append custom text to forum title only

Author Vishal
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 15 Jul 2008 06:26 
Is it possible to append certain text to forum title only and not to threads? Say I want to append my forum name to forums like "@ My Forum". So If I have forums Forum 1, Forum 2, when someone clicks on the respective forums, their titles will be Forum 1 @ My forum, Forum 2 @ My Forum. The title of discussion threads under the forums should not be altered. I tried the following in bb_plugins.php but it didn't work:

/* Forum title modification */
if ($GLOBALS['action']=='vtopic') $title.=' @ Work at Home Forum';
/*--Forum title modification */

I also tried putting the above code inside function parseTopic().

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 15 Jul 2008 07:57 
You will need to introduce a special variable and then just put it under main_header.html.

Example (for bb_plugins.php):

$customTitles=array(
9=>'coco news',
7=>'mano faq'
);

if($action=='vtopic') $addTitle=' @ '.$customTitles[$forum];
main_header.html's title tag should be like this:

<title>{$title}{$addTitle}</title>
Variations are possible...

Author Vishal
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 16 Jul 2008 00:13 
Thanks Paul :) Works perfectly!

Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /
 Append custom text to forum title only
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑