miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /  

How to update or upgrade to new forum???

Author Persian
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 24 May 2008 09:31 
I have old version of minibb...so I want to update into new version...anyone has idea to help me?

Author deuced
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 24 May 2008 12:30 

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 26 May 2008 04:42 
You might check this thread as well:

Upgrade and Upgrading / Migrating guides

Specially pay attention at post #2.

If you are having difficulties yourself, don't forget that we are providing paid support for upgrades.

Author gare
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 18 Oct 2010 09:53 
I cannot find the UPDATE.txt file in the downloaded 2.5 version, do we need this?
QUOTE from manual:
"When you are ready to upgrade, download latest miniBB release, and start checking !UPDATE.txt file from the version you currently have."

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#5 | Posted: 18 Oct 2010 11:25 
!UPDATE.txt is not located in the core miniBB distribution, but in Updates history package. It's also available online.

Author JohnSims
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 9 Sep 2015 21:59 
I want to upgrade to the latest MiniBB version which I believe is 3.1.1.
I currently show $version='2.0.2'; in the bb_functions.php file.
Am I to assume (Since I have read everything on upgrading and it is still unclear) that I must update from 2.0.2 to each version in between (almost 30 versions!) until I finally arrive at update to 3.1.1? Or, can I just upgrade directly from 2.0.2 to 3.1.1? If not, even wipe out the directory and start fresh with 3.1.1 (Backing up my Database for sure) ?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 10 Sep 2015 20:12 
The most easiest moment for your case is upgrading core files - probably, you will need just to overwrite all bb_*.php files, index.php and setup_mysqli.php (or you may stay with the setup_mysql.php). The same affects all add-ons, if you have them, you need to re-install all add-ons one by one manually. Then you shold follow upgrading history file and manually update database, CSS and templates - this will be the most hard work involved. You may also hire us, if you want this job completed quickly and with no big pain for you.

Author JohnSims
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 10 Sep 2015 20:23 
Thank you Paul. I will send you a request for quote privately. You are the best!

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /
 How to update or upgrade to new forum???
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑