®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

submitexpress and headers

Author work365
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 12 May 2008 16:28 
I would like to know how to prevent the redirect warning from submitexpress. My forum will not get indexed if there is a redirect rule in a php script.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 13 May 2008 02:28 
What kind of warning do you mean, what is submitexpress and how miniBB should be related to that?..

Author work365
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 13 May 2008 15:12 
the forum url : example.com/forum redirects to example.com/forum/ is this bad for SE's ?
I saw my forum is indexed now but with the wrong description of threads, damn.

I changed the text for the index.php file :

<?php
/*
I think this text was indexed ........
*/
$unset=array

Deleted the text now it is like this :

<?php
/*

*/
$unset=array

Is this ok ?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 14 May 2008 03:04 
work365:
the forum url : example.com/forum redirects to example.com/forum/ is this bad for SE's ?
It doesn't matter for SE's at all. Ideally it should always work that way (and it depends on the configuration of your server). If you enter minibb.com/forums for example, it will be redirected to minibb.com/forums/ - and it is correct.

work365:
I changed the text for the index.php file
The text you've changed won't be available on the page at all. And you can't remove it because it's part of the GPL license, i.e. your copyright agreement.

work365:
I saw my forum is indexed now but with the wrong description of threads
Description of threads should be build dynamically depending on the content of the first post.

Recently I've read the interesting point of view about SEO and in many aspects support it. Study it carefully and you will be wondered that it's not important how the pages are build, but what's on them.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 submitexpress and headers
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑