®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

one public and one hidden forum

Author mordoca
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 5 May 2008 06:01 
Okay here is a real problem :) I have not figured out how to open a new thread here - strange. Now to my problem.

I have minibb 2.2a and have set $viewTopicsIfOnlyOneForum=1
I have one public and one hidden forum. The public forum should always appear with a topic list, that is why i set $viewTopicsIfOnlyOneForum=1

The private forum should be accesable over a direct link like: ...index.php?action=vtopic&forum=2 but that does not work. Everytime i klick that link the public forum shows up (1) again instead of the private (2). Why? BB specials is setup right.

It did work with my old minibb 2.0 RC4 version. Now i have this really frustrating problem. How can i fix it?

Thank you for any help you can give me ;)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 5 May 2008 07:33 
mordoca:
I have not figured out how to open a new thread here - strange
You have tried to post under FAQ section, but it's not possible to create new topics here. And your custom question is not related to FAQ at all; which means... it is not amongst Frequently Asked Questions at all.

So far I could only tell you $viewTopicsIfOnlyOneForum setting is designed for community where only one forum is present. When this setting is on, only one forum having top order number will be displayed - always.

For making the thing you want to achieve you probably will need to apply some additional hack/code... but I suppose this is custom question and I can't answer precisely what needs to be done.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 one public and one hidden forum
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑