®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

Pay-Per-Play and other advertising

Author stormie
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 3 Apr 2008 13:01 
Started this as a new topic so forgive me if i've missed something - I did look :)

Ok, I have registered with the anoying, irritating, nervgrating....pay-per-play. I think it's a great idea and a big part of the future of the web, (call me dumb if you will) However while it's not very refined at the moment I am hoping that it will improve greatly in the short term future and help increase my sites turnover.....The important question is;
What is the best way to incorporate marketing, advertising and pay-per-play into miniBB?

I think it would be good to make it part of the 'global' css or template BUT I also think it would be good to be able to capitalise on posts from other members by using the hits their blog generates to draw up targeted advertising......Discuss.... :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 4 Apr 2008 02:22 
Sorry, what is Pay-Per-Play?

The most effective way of boosting up the forums is to pay your members for their postings. I doubt 3rd party system will be needed for such task, because in that case you are NOT the owner of the profits system and so you are only getting small part of it. I usually don't trust such systems a lot, because the owner usually takes it all... they can't be a future definitely.

Author stormie
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 4 Apr 2008 15:28 
Ok...Pay-Per-Play. is a sound based system still in beta, I and many others think it will be a big part of the internet in the future despite the fact that you and I like the peace and quiet of the web as is stands. My point is that ppp can be targeted based on the content of a post thereby earning the writer cash rewards every time someone reads it.
So we know that google adsense will provide us targeted adverts based on the content of the page but we only earn when the advert is clicked and not only that but such adverts are not very well suited to small post areas where space is cramped....the advantage of ppp is that it does not take up any space and the browser effectivly 'hits' the advert by loading the post, the advert plays and then thats it....
The point of this thread from my perspective is to assertain how best you would implement ppp within miniBB. I have a simple post about laptop specs on one of my miniBB forums and it keeps getting hit, it's only a basic specs post because people kept asking me about it so i made a post....but at an average of 50 new hits per day i could be earning from that.

Author tom322
#4 | Posted: 4 Apr 2008 16:27 
The idea is good. Even though I'm sure a "PPP ad blocker" addon for web browsers is being produced now (like it was with pop-up ads)..

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#5 | Posted: 5 Apr 2008 06:24 
I have no idea how to implement miniBB with PPP, but most probably PPP has some integration guide? It is probably some JS or widget.

I personally prefer "silent" Internet, audio playing always annoys, specially if you already are listening to music.

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 Pay-Per-Play and other advertising
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑