Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

strtotime errors

Author Guest
~
#1 | Posted: 12 Feb 2008 23:28 
I keep getting these errors:

[Tue Feb 12 23:19:49 2008] [error] [client 66.249.66.168] PHP Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /srv/forum/index.php on line 11

I get it where ever strtotime() function is being used. Does anyone know why this all of a sudden would start or how to fix it?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 13 Feb 2008 04:55 
What do you have for $dateFormat option?

Is this error related to miniBB in general?

Author Guest
~
#3 | Posted: 13 Feb 2008 09:06 
$dateFormat='j F Y H:i';

Is this error related to miniBB in general?

Its not a miniBB problem but I was thinking someone might have had the same problem. It has worked fine for a long time. I think it might have started when mod_php was updated.

Author Guest
~
#4 | Posted: 13 Feb 2008 09:10 
Also people have been complaining because they are getting the:

"Anti-spam protection: the system prevents you from making more than one post every 60 secs!"

And it counts down from 75 min not 60 secs.

There is def. something wrong with the way php is counting and getting the time.

Author Guest
~
#5 | Posted: 13 Feb 2008 09:24 
It seems that I have upgraded php. Is there a way to set the default timezone in one file instead of editing all the places it gives the error?

http://docs.php.net/manual/en/function.date-default-timezone-set.php

Note: Since PHP 5.1.0 (when the date/time functions were rewritten), every call to a date/time function will generate a E_NOTICE if the timezone isn't valid, and/or a E_STRICT message if using the system settings or the TZ environment variable.

http://docs.php.net/date

Errors/Exceptions

Every call to a date/time function will generate a E_NOTICE if the time zone is not valid, and/or a E_STRICT message if using the system settings or the TZ environment variable. See also date_default_timezone_set()

Author Guest
~
#6 | Posted: 13 Feb 2008 09:34 
OK I got rid of the errors by changing the line in php.ini

date.timezone = America/New_York

Is this the correct fix?

Author Guest
~
#7 | Posted: 13 Feb 2008 09:39 
Ok that didn't fix the problem. Users are complaining about the

"Anti-spam protection: the system prevents you from making more than one post every 60 secs!"

They say it takes forever to count down, any ideas?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 13 Feb 2008 10:21 
I personally have no ideas... count down definitely works if you have everything configured the right way... but if it doesn't work, it's a question of a deep investigation why. I never met such problem before.

Author Guest
~
#9 | Posted: 13 Feb 2008 10:25 
Does miniBB use the local system time to calculate how long its been since the last post?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#10 | Posted: 13 Feb 2008 10:36 
miniBB uses 2 PHP functions for calculating the time difference between previous and upcoming post: time() and strtotime(). It depends on how these functions were configured in your PHP, I suppose there is some problem in PHP itself, not miniBB...

Author Guest
~
#11 | Posted: 13 Feb 2008 11:09 
does time() and strtotime() use the servers local system time or the end users? if it uses the servers system time and it was changed, this would create an error right? (if the time was set back)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#12 | Posted: 13 Feb 2008 11:59 

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 strtotime errors
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑