miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

RSS

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next »

Author MKJ
Partaker
#16 | Posted: 5 Feb 2008 04:08 
I would like though to make a forum for Admin only so that no-one can reply to any post and use this forum for showing my RSS posts instead of the above. How can I make an Admin only forum (for replies, topics etc) but with public access?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#17 | Posted: 5 Feb 2008 04:40 
Could it be "post-only forum"?

Author MKJ
Partaker
#18 | Posted: 5 Feb 2008 04:43 
Trouble is that the rss plugin will show any reply which is something I don't want - only my own replies and topics.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#19 | Posted: 5 Feb 2008 06:29 
In RSS add-on you can specify array of forum IDs which only will appear in RSS, modify the setting $displayForums for this.

And $post_sort variable should be set to 0 so only first post is displayed in RSS.

So you can create these forums for admin only - here on our forums "News & Announcements" section displayed in RSS is created by the same principle.

Author MKJ
Partaker
#20 | Posted: 5 Feb 2008 06:34 
Yes that sounds ideal - cheers.

Author controcanta
Partaker
#21 | Posted: 22 Oct 2009 03:51 
good morning, i was looking for a solution to protect the rss system of my minibb forum (i have to edit the the rss2.php file i guess)
someone knows hot to get it?
i looked for a system on google as well, but i found no results
matteo

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#22 | Posted: 22 Oct 2009 06:16 
RSS is a public protocol and can't be protected by a password.

If you have some closed forums, in RSS add-on for miniBB you can define only opened forum IDs which will be included in RSS. By default, this add-on displays all forums.

Author controcanta
Partaker
#23 | Posted: 22 Oct 2009 06:40 
ok. but why some rss feed readers have user/password fields to fill in the "add new rs feed" window?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#24 | Posted: 22 Oct 2009 09:44 
I don't know.
Could you name them precisely? Could you provide their screenshots, where they offer such option?

Author controcanta
Partaker
#25 | Posted: 22 Oct 2009 13:35 
http://www.edot-studios.com/webgroups2/index.php?menu_item=212

don't know why the link doesn't work, here above

rss menu preferences window

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#26 | Posted: 23 Oct 2009 02:37 
The link doesn't work because miniBB doesn't transform hyperlinks for new members and guests ;)

Anyway, I've checked the screenshot and I think kind of HTTP authentication mechanism could be used to protect RSS that way, for example, you may set kind of rule under .htaccess of Apache server etc. HTTP supports password authentication. You may search for "rss authentication" in any search engine and top results will give you some clues on that.

I don't know why it would be required however...

Author controcanta
Partaker
#27 | Posted: 23 Oct 2009 02:43 
ok, i try to take a look in the rss2.php file to see if i can move it to a subfolder, and set a protection in that folder
thanks!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#28 | Posted: 23 Oct 2009 02:56 
You don't have it to move it anywhere... I suppose it could lead to a lot of problems because this script includes heap of core forum files. Search for "password protect file apache" and you will find tons of solutions on how to protect a regular file.

Author controcanta
Partaker
#29 | Posted: 23 Oct 2009 03:05 
ok

Author epolemika
Partaker
#30 | Posted: 8 Apr 2016 08:44 
Hi there, is it possible to exclude private (closed from public) forums from RSS?

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 RSS
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑