®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /  

Response time

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 1 Feb 2008 05:46 
Hi,

I run a support forum and I think it would be great to have some information what is my average response time on new topics posted by users. This information can demonstrate when the users can expect answer and if the response time is low enough it also shows the quality of such a support forum. What do you think?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 1 Feb 2008 06:46 
If you have a precise algorithm in mind how to calculate it - you are welcome :-)

Author Anonymous
#3 | Posted: 1 Feb 2008 06:54 
Well, I don't have. I am simple end-user. Is that so hard to implement it? The date and time of the posts are already there. The algorithm should ignore the topics started by admins or moderators, or certain forum sections like "Feedback", etc.

The response time information would promote this forum as well ;-)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 1 Feb 2008 10:48 
The response time information would promote this forum as well

I could bet if we answer 2-3 times per business day here, it's already a big effort comparing other support boards, where you most likely get a reply within 24-48 hours.

Actually every our customer knows that we are very good at support, if not best ;-)

I simply don't know how useful this algorithm could be precise and useful if we take an "average" math. Let's say we select all admin replies to the topics created today, and calculate the difference between admin's reply to the previous message. There could be a difference of 10 minutes and 120 minutes - but if we take the average, it doesn't mean your response time is
65 minutes.

I am absolutely sure we won't implement it for the default version; however if you would like to have it for your forums, everything is possible if you refer to our paid programming services.

Author Anonymous
#5 | Posted: 1 Feb 2008 11:33 
Actually every our customer knows that we are very good at support, if not best ;-)

Okay, but what about potential customers? How would they know?

There could be a difference of 10 minutes and 120 minutes - but if we take the average, it doesn't mean your response time is 65 minutes.

Hehe, yes, that's what I call average.

...everything is possible if you refer to our paid programming services

Well, how many hours it could take?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 1 Feb 2008 12:26 
Count on not less than 4 hours of work... half of it thinking and discussion about the algorithm... and it could be based on cronjob task probably, so couple of hours for testing...

I am not sure actually this is the best way of how to attract potential customers.

Maybe it would be nice to just show today's empty messages count against admin's and moderators replies. Then the quality of the actual support would mean proportional meter between these amounts.

But this also is too tricky.

Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /
 Response time
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑