miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

Mailto [url] not working help?

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 9 Jul 2006 15:39 
Hi, I'm a newbie and have just installed this cool software for my site, however I don't seem to be able to get the BB code function where links are automatically reformatted in the text of my posts. Any help as to what I should be checking?

[url=mailto:test@test.com]this is a test email link[/url]

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 10 Jul 2006 07:03 
mailto: link will not work. URL must begin only with http:// (or https:// ) We are not supporting direct emailing link because of spam collectors.

Author Anonymous
#3 | Posted: 18 Jan 2008 12:01 
Hi Paul,

I think if a spam collector can open a HTML stream, he will be able to pickup the email addresses anyway, weather it's a mailto link or not. From this point of view setting mailto links (or even converting email addresse to links automatically) would not make the forum more insecure.

Regards,
Reinhold

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 18 Jan 2008 13:37 
I know it for sure :-) The thread is about user tried to use mailto: links in the URL tag. It won't work in miniBB anyway.

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 Mailto [url] not working help?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑