®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

automated registrations

Author maxtat
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 5 Dec 2007 10:54 
I noticed that spammers have their names and "From" field the same. So I've added this string to the beginning of bb_func_regusr.php

if (isset($_POST['login']) && $_POST['login']==$_POST['from']) die ('Fatal error. U R a spammer.');

Author tom322
#2 | Posted: 5 Dec 2007 13:01 
I noticed that spammers have their names and "From" field the same. So I've added this string to the beginning of bb_func_regusr.php

if (isset($_POST['login']) && $_POST['login']==$_POST['from']) die ('Fatal error. U R a spammer.');

Do you mean robot spams or manual spammers?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 11 Dec 2007 10:15 
I noticed that spammers have their names and "From" field the same.

I am sure this is only your private case. Technically it is possible to send any value of any field, so your solution would be broken in 2 secs ;-)

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 automated registrations
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑