miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /  

how to delete all posts of certain user

Author español
#1 | Posted: 29 Nov 2007 11:19 
ok if I be a mod, I can see the "DELETE POST" bottom, but.. how to add a botton called "DELETE ALL POST FROM THIS USER"

aa sorry my ultra bad english, can someone understandme ? :D

Author tom322
#2 | Posted: 29 Nov 2007 12:25 
You can ask forum administrator to do it.

Author español
#3 | Posted: 1 Dec 2007 13:54 
eh ??

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 2 Dec 2007 04:12 
You can delete all posts from the user only deleting the user himself, from administration panel, and checking the box saying "Also remove all user MESSAGES and TOPICS (with other users' messages)".

Author Tihon
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 3 Dec 2007 13:16 
I guess it will be a good idea to implement deleting only user's posts but leaving user registered. Is it too hard?

Author tom322
#6 | Posted: 3 Dec 2007 15:00 
I guess it will be a good idea to implement deleting only user's posts but leaving user registered. Is it too hard?

I'm trying to find a use for it - usually when you delete all user's posts it means the user is posting garbage and by not deleting him/her you only ask for more work in the future when he/she posts garbage again ;).

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 4 Dec 2007 03:08 
I too don't see purpose of it.

Author español
#8 | Posted: 4 Dec 2007 13:44 
from administration panel

I'm trying to find a use for it

if I mod I cant detele all post from user ;) !
if I Admin I can :) yeah!

Ps: dam my noob english. can some1 understand idea?

Author tom322
#9 | Posted: 4 Dec 2007 16:01 
Ps: dam my noob english. can some1 understand idea?

It seems to me your English must be very (since you use slang/colloquial English already ;).

Author español
#10 | Posted: 4 Dec 2007 20:18 
Then if you can understand me, how be able to delete all the post from user, without being administrator, and without the need to delete the record of the user.

If I am simply moderator, I have that button to delete all post user.

wwould be the code for that? :P

Author tom322
#11 | Posted: 4 Dec 2007 20:54 
A moderator cannot delete all user's messages at once; but the administrator can. It seems deleting all user posts isn't a very frequent operation so in such cases the administrator should be involved I think.

But maybe it's possible to do a hack (Paul may let you know)..

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#12 | Posted: 5 Dec 2007 03:29 
There is no way and I would implement this only on a custom (paid) basis.

I think there should be no such "freedom" for moderator by default and in all such serious cases moderator should contact administrator to complete this task.

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /
 how to delete all posts of certain user
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑