Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Images, avatars and icons stopped loading

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#16 | Posted: 15 Nov 2007 11:05 
I must say this is just the way it should work everywhere. Whatever path to the file you specify - full or relative - the browser loads the images with full paths anyway, from your server. Additionally, providing the full URLs usually is liked by search crawlers.

So if the images are not resolving, it is either happening on your client side for some reason, or... I don't know.

Author quasi
Partaker
#17 | Posted: 15 Nov 2007 11:51 
The only images that would not load on the entire site were the forum images. In discussions with colleages and techs on this problem they said they should be loaded relative however I've found some debate on this on the web. As far as forums go, after looking at several random page sources examining their "img src" path it seems about 50/50 relative to full.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#18 | Posted: 16 Nov 2007 02:41 
As far as forums go, after looking at several random page sources examining their "img src" path it seems about 50/50 relative to full.

It is not possible.
miniBB is an automated script and whatever is produced in the templates, it comes on ALL Pages - except of course if your server has no invalid cashing functions.

Whatever... I still have no ideas what we are discussing here because we still were not provided with the exact URL. Now I close the topic because the problem we discuss, seems not to be related to our software anyway.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Images, avatars and icons stopped loading
 Share Topic's Link

This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑