®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

Hire a moderator.. How?

Author cromagx
#1 | Posted: 6 Nov 2007 09:11 
Hi all,

My forum is growing fast, and now I need a moderator. One of my members has ask if he could become a moderator, but now I am in doubt...? Is it normal to pay a forum moderator or is a moderator just working for the fun of it?

I would be ready to pay her, but do any of you guys have any experience having moderators?

Best

Cromagx

Author Tihon
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 6 Nov 2007 09:17 
Say her that you can give her a natural payment :)))))

Author cromagx
#3 | Posted: 6 Nov 2007 09:23 
LOL, she is living 10.000 km from me, so it will be hmmmm hard.

But serious... What to do?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 6 Nov 2007 09:24 
Seriously, a moderator should be the person whom you completely trust. Because if there will be such a situation when you and moderator think different on some topic and there is kind of quarrel between you, s/he can completely delete your forums content and disappear.

Moderator should be also experienced enough in forum content questions. I know many people become ambitious after receiving "moderator" status and moderate the board under their own rules, which is unacceptable.

I think hiring a person could be a good solution, because when we talk about the money, it comes to a more advanced level else if you just would give her moderator status for fun. She also will take kind of responsibility for her work.

But as I know, usually moderators are not paid for their job and doing it just for fun visiting the board more often than admin himself.

Finally, only you decide what is better for your purpose :-)

Author cromagx
#5 | Posted: 6 Nov 2007 09:32 
Thank you Paul. The moderator has a lot of experience from other forums as well, so I think I am in good hands. I think I will give her some gifts instead :)

Author tom322
#6 | Posted: 6 Nov 2007 09:55 
Say her that you can give her a natural payment :)))))
Petrol, gas, or coal? :}

Author tom322
#7 | Posted: 6 Nov 2007 10:23 
I would add a good moderator should be genuinly interested in the subject of your forum; if s/he is only interested in Off-topic chats or meeting friends and doesn't focus on the forum theme, it's usually not a good idea to have him/her be a moderator...

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 6 Nov 2007 12:37 
Say her that you can give her a natural payment

- As I suppose this suggestion comes from the Russia-mother, Tihon meant kind of intimacy suggestion ;-) In russian it is said "оплатить натурой" that appr. means "sexually".

Author tom322
#9 | Posted: 7 Nov 2007 09:46 
Yes, I got it :). It's just I didn't hear this saying for a long time and at first I took it the logical way ;). I remember I was using this at school too, but it didn't work on girls ;).

Author Guest
~
#10 | Posted: 16 Nov 2010 05:22 
yes pay the moderator via paypal. do regular audits by checking the site yourself. if the moderator doesn't do a good job, hire another one.

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 Hire a moderator.. How?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑