miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Swimming in the ocean of PHP

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 16 Oct 2007 13:37 
I just learned PHP/MySQL a week ago, i managed to install both programs locally in my machine running IIS, I suppose everything's fine coz i can run the miniBB furom in my inetpub folder. Im trying to learn the whole program, and how to customize it to fit my needs, but because im just an infant in PHP, i dont know where to start, i feel like an anemone floating in the pacific ocean. Can you give any suggestions on how can I learn the understand the miniBB code, and where to start in customizing it. Thanks a lot..

Roy - Cebu, Phil.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 16 Oct 2007 14:14 
First of all, you need to know, why do you need to understand miniBB code.

Second, I would honestly say that miniBB code may be hard to understand for newbies. It contains no comments and it's not indented.

Author Anonymous
#3 | Posted: 17 Oct 2007 10:48 
no worries paul,

i played with the code last night, and i was able to get what i need, i customized thru the templates/main_header.html and thru the default_style.css.. so i have what i need. But ill continue reading on the posts so i can can be more informed..

You ROCK!!!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 17 Oct 2007 11:28 
Yes you did it correctly because if you modify the CORE files (.php) - it would be more difficult and truely not perfect... as for templates and CSS files - I hope they are designed at the very native level so even newbie can get it.

Let us know if you have specific questions, thanks.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Swimming in the ocean of PHP
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑