miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /  

Members visited today block

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 11 Oct 2007 13:59 
I thought it would be a cool add-on something like whos_online but instead show the visiters in the last 24 hours like some forums have. It seams real easy to setup, collect an array of all the members that have logged in, clear it at 12am and show it in a block in the footer like whos_online does. You would have to create a variable for the total and set it up to not duplicate members. Maybe this has been done before but I would use it and it would be nice to know how many members you had login today. Let me know what you think.

DEMO:
This forum here uses it at the bottom you will see:
Total members that have visited the forum in the last 24 hours: 80
http://www.programmingtalk.com/

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 12 Oct 2007 02:50 
I think you can just use copy of Who's Online add-on with the setting $expireTime set to 86400 ;-)

In general, I don't see any kind of usefulness in it.

Author Anonymous
#3 | Posted: 13 Oct 2007 10:11 
To get this to work, i just removed the anonymous stuff, edited the table, change the expireTime and renamed the functions. Works great!!! You might just be able to set $enableAnonymous=0 instead of removing the anonymous code. I like to see how many users I have had on in the last 24 hours and sometimes you think, Hey I haven't seen Tom on in a while and this will help see whos been on all day.

Author tom322
#4 | Posted: 13 Oct 2007 13:12 
Hey I haven't seen Tom on in a while and this will help see whos been on all day.
I'm here :)

Author Anonymous
#5 | Posted: 13 Oct 2007 13:26 
hehe i had to use the name Tom didn't I :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 15 Oct 2007 02:59 
I like to see how many users I have had on in the last 24 hours and sometimes you think, Hey I haven't seen Tom on in a while and this will help see whos been on all day.

I think, forums purpose is not what kind of users have visited it, but what kind of content they were created i.e. what messages posted. So even if you see somebody in your list, but he didn't make any useful post - does it really matter? Not for me...

Author Anonymous
#7 | Posted: 15 Oct 2007 08:38 
Not for me...

Every other forum software uses it so someone must like it.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 15 Oct 2007 11:29 
Every other forum software uses it

Honestly I doubt that every forum software uses it just because few some will like it... ;-)

Author Anonymous
#9 | Posted: 15 Oct 2007 13:54 
I know they use it because its a good addition.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#10 | Posted: 16 Oct 2007 02:54 
Ok, what about hundreds of other good additions? ;-)

They use it because somebody like you said them - it would be cool good addition, and they agreed.

However here for miniBB we do not agree about each and every suggestion. If my solution works for you - that is perfect. However for me it seems a very unuseful addition, as I already said, it doesn't include the forums purpose.

Anyway if someone else like it - you are welcome.

Author jontrac
Partaker
#11 | Posted: 29 Oct 2009 02:10 
Why would we bother who's visited today anyway. We should worry more about what they have posted, shouldn't we? ;-|

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#12 | Posted: 29 Oct 2009 04:52 
jontrac
You're right ;-)

Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /
 Members visited today block
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑