Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /  

Merge 3 forums into 1.

Author lvalics
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 2 Oct 2007 01:13 
Hi all,

I have 3 forum now for our sites, but I will like to move into one and differentiate by category. It is much more easier to maintain miniBB forum. Any ideea how can I do this?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 2 Oct 2007 03:43 
Do you mean these 3 forums are in different tables and/or databases?

I suppose this could be just a precise manual task. Manually, you would need to adjust forum IDs in _forums, _posts, _topics table so they all are different. Later dump these tables and import them in the database you want.

If you also would like to merge users tables, you should do something the same - update user IDs so they don't repeat, then export/import the dump.

Author lvalics
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 2 Oct 2007 04:35 
Thx this help :-)
I know is manual work, but ... I will try to do it.

Author lvalics
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 4 Oct 2007 05:37 
Now question:
Can I have 3 main category and then subcat for each one??

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#5 | Posted: 4 Oct 2007 06:34 
I suppose not, you could only have forum titles and forum supertitles.

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /
 Merge 3 forums into 1.
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑