®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author Tihon
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 24 Sep 2007 15:03 
I have installed avatar add-onn two weeks ago. I chose one of the avatars that were in add-on and that is all. But yesterday I tried to upload my own avatar and it is ok. But in the avatar field I only see red cross in square. Then I went on minibb.com and surprised that this plugin was updated on 09.20.2007. I downloaded it and reinstalled. But it is still the same problem. What is wrong?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 25 Sep 2007 03:31 
Could you repeat the same problem on minibbtest?

If not, right click on the not found image and locate "Properties" of it. There needs to be written an URL of the missing image. You may consider the reason of why it is missing, analyzing the URL; but so far I have no more suggestions, since it could be only kind of your custom problem.

Author Tihon
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 25 Sep 2007 06:30 
Have repeated on minibbtest. And it works great. But on my forum.
I have installed avatar plugin twice and still can't find a reason of my problem. The "Properties" window shows correct path to uploaded image.
In what files could be a mistake?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 25 Sep 2007 09:46 
Unfortunatelly without custom investigation it is impossible to say what's wrong. If you are sure the URL to the image is correct, and the image really exists on the server, maybe it's worth to check file permissions. Uploaded images sometimes have improper permissions set, which causes them to be displayed.

Author Tihon
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 25 Sep 2007 13:23 
Checked - permissions - 777
Installed this plugin the third time and now I receive an error:
$l_uploadError
I am confused....

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 25 Sep 2007 14:43 
Unfortunatelly I can't help you, your problem appears to be custom, and this is a question only of our paid support.

I would recommend to upgrade to the latest miniBB version as well if you don't have it.

Author Tihon
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 26 Sep 2007 02:07 
The problem was resolved after my hoster sent me a letter in which he described that it is because the localized Apache web server that is installed at hoster company. And they recommended for me to make a file .htaccess in main forum directory and to paste one string in this file:
CharsetRecodeMultipartForms off

Now I am happy :)
If you can speak russian - just read full post here about this problem:
http://peterhost.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1545

Guess it will help to hundrends people like me :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 26 Sep 2007 03:53 
I think your problems is very russian and custom :-) So far I have installed miniBB on tens of servers and the common configuration on US hosted servers, for example, doesn't suppose something like this. As far as I know, newest version of Apache should not have this problem.

Anyway good it's solved now.

Author Tihon
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 26 Sep 2007 03:58 
In US hosted servers there are no problems with recode. So it is the problem not only russians - it is localization problem. And nothing more

Author Gafudo
#10 | Posted: 10 Oct 2007 11:29 
I have also a problem with the avatars packet supplied. I´ve followed all the detailled instructions but in the registration page it doesn´t appear the possibility of choosing an avatar.

Do you know what can be wrong?

Author Anonymous
#11 | Posted: 10 Oct 2007 12:30 
Guess you forgot something somewhere... Check again all procedure

Author Gafudo
#12 | Posted: 10 Oct 2007 13:10 
I have some doubts:

* Firstly, in the file of the form: (user_dataform.html) I copy the instruction "{$avatarForm}" there:

<tr>
<td class="caption4" style="text-align:right">{$l_menu[8]}</td>
<td class="caption5">{$languageDown}</td>
</tr>
{$avatarForm}
<tr>
<td class="caption4"> </td>
<td class="caption5"><input type="submit" value="{$userTitle}" class="inputButton" /></td>
</tr>

Is it correct the position of "{$avatarForm}" ??

* Secondly, do you change something in the file "addon_avatar.php"?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#13 | Posted: 11 Oct 2007 03:03 
The position doesn't matter.

In addon_avatar.php you need to modify settings at the top of file. It all is described in README.txt

Follow all instructions all over again, we're sure it works properly. If you are in troubles, we are providing only paid support regarding free add-ons installation.

Author Tihon
Partaker
#14 | Posted: 11 Oct 2007 04:44 
Gafudo
I have a free time today and can help you in your avatar problem. Because I am myself ate a dog on this problem :)
Write me - tihon1412@mail.ru

Author Gafudo
#15 | Posted: 11 Oct 2007 18:08 
Ok, thank you very very much for the help but I have solved.
It was already working but I hadn´t notice. Why? Because after installing it I was entering in the registration page for a new member and there it doesn´t appear any possibility of choosing an avatar. The possibility of choosing an avatar appears if you are an already user and you enter to change your personal info.

So it was working and finally I have notice, but it has taken long time to me to discover this. I think that should be a good idea for future implementations the possibility of choosing the avatar in the moment of your registration.

Thank you anyway for all.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑