miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

Disclaimer

Author Vishal
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 19 Feb 2006 06:11 
Regarding disclaimer solution, I have modified the bb_functions.php to point the Registration link to the disclaimer template instead of modifying bb_plugins.php. Is that ok? I guess to many conditions in bb_plugins.php slows down the forum a bit.

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 20 Feb 2006 10:10 
I guess to many conditions in bb_plugins.php slows down the forum a bit - boolean operand (or logical condition) is the fastest in any programming language. So even if they slows down the forum a bit, that's really "a bit" - you can't in no way have many features included, thus have a fast script.

Modifying bb_functions.php will force you to modify this file every time when you upgrade miniBB core.

Author Tihon
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 22 Sep 2007 10:44 
Hello. I have installed Disclaimer addon. And it works fine when I click on the Registration button in the top menu. But when I not logged in the forum and click the register button in the bottom string:
"Only registered users can post here. Please authorize for posting or register now"
I receive a page with captcha, after it I receive the page for user's details input. And my disclaimer content doesn't appear. What's wrong?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 24 Sep 2007 03:20 
Modify your language pack, and locate the $l_anonDisallowed variable. Most probably it will contain the link to the Registration script. You need to modify its URL, changing 'action=registernew' to 'action=tpl&tplName=disclaimer'.

I have added this to the README for Disclaimer solution, and updated the package itself. Thanks for mentioning.

Author Tihon
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 24 Sep 2007 06:18 
Ok. Thank you

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 3 Sep 2013 14:59 
Hi Paul, in the basic text within the disclaimer says about checking back to see if the disclaimer text has changed...

But, how can a user get back to read the text whenever they want?

Sorry - me being dumb yet again!

Steve

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 3 Sep 2013 15:23 
If you are about this text:

We may change these at any time and we'll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of this site after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.
you may either change it (it's not about miniBB obligatory condition or something - change it up to yourself, removing unnecessary or confusing text) - or if you want your users come back to Disclaimer, provide them a static link somewhere.

{$main_url}/{$indexphp}?action=tpl&tplName=disclaimer

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 3 Sep 2013 15:26 
Ah - it was the static link I was after - thanks! ;-)

Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 Disclaimer
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑