Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

Private Messaging add-on updated

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#1 | Posted: 12 Sep 2007 04:43 
Updated version 2.1 of Private Messaging add-on includes "ignoring users" feature, which allows to block/unblock the incoming private messages from certain member(s). Forums administrator and moderators can not be blocked however.

This feature has come with the great help and sponsorship of Essay Questions and Answers at CustomPapers.com. All previous customers are welcome to update this add-on, downloading and installing a fresh version from their customers area.

Author tom322
#2 | Posted: 12 Sep 2007 09:46 
Very useful update. It seem the PM addon has all bells and whistles now :).

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 12 Sep 2007 13:08 
They never end - I am sponsored and ready to add new little feature next week ;-)

Author tom322
#4 | Posted: 12 Sep 2007 13:28 
They never end - I am sponsored and ready to add new little feature next week ;-)

Really? What is this new feature...? :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#5 | Posted: 13 Sep 2007 03:16 
Any message on forums could optionally include "Report message" to admins link, and this report will be sent like the current feature of "PM report" works.

Author tom322
#6 | Posted: 13 Sep 2007 08:22 
Oh, that could be useful at times too. Even though I'm not sure if it would work on very busy forums (or when users aren't very mature - because then the admins would be really busy reading the reports ;).

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 13 Sep 2007 09:42 
It will be an option, of course.

Author Danny2000
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 13 Sep 2007 16:33 
something wrong with $maxReceivedMessages,
I set it 150, after receiving 150 messages it shown warning, but PM is still working!
I mean other people can send messages to someone that has more than 150 messages in him/his box!

Author tom322
#9 | Posted: 13 Sep 2007 17:24 
something wrong with $maxReceivedMessages,
I set it 150, after receiving 150 messages it shown warning, but PM is still working!
I mean other people can send messages to someone that has more than 150 messages in him/his box!

I've just tested it - I have $maxReceivedMessages set to 30 and it works perfectly OK for me.

NOTE: Admin and moderators still CAN send PMs even to those users that have their quota over the set limit. That makes sense (because Admin or mods may want to send a warning or other notice - like to clear the PM box to the user ;).

Author Danny2000
Partaker
#10 | Posted: 13 Sep 2007 22:52 
I fixd it by changing a line in addon_pmail_send.php
if($userMsgAmount>$maxReceivedMessages-1 and $userto!=1 and $user_id!=1) $errorMSG.=$l_pmSendingDeniedSendingQuota;

sorry for my wrong posts in wrong place, please remove or move them,

cheers

Author tom322
#11 | Posted: 13 Sep 2007 23:00 
tom322
what about receiving?
I don't want even my moderators have more than 150 messages in theire box I changed the $maxReceivedMessages line in addon_pmail.php

I think the change should do that, but I'm definitely not for changing the default script because if you think about that - moderators and admin should not have the limit; otherwise it wouldn't look too professional if a member tries to PM admin or moderator only to find out their Inbox is full... Besides, I feel moderators may feel "appreciated" if they have more "extras" than the regular users.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#12 | Posted: 14 Sep 2007 05:59 
Danny2000
So, does the issue you reported really works only for moderators and admins? It doesn't work for regular users, right?

If so, you have fixed it in the right place, but I don't know which way to implement it in the default release. It appears is better to introduce an option like $staffNoMsgLimit, which could be 1 (no limits for admin only), 2 (no limits for moderators), 0 (limit for everybody).

What do you think guys? I could do it for the next PM add-on release.

Author Danny2000
Partaker
#13 | Posted: 16 Sep 2007 16:41 
is better to introduce an option like $staffNoMsgLimit, which could be 1 (no limits for admin only), 2 (no limits for moderators), 0 (limit for everybody).
That's perfect :-)

Author tom322
#14 | Posted: 16 Sep 2007 17:43 
That's perfect :-)

IMO unnecessary code (since most webmasters will realize they want @staffNoMsgLimit=2 - at least when their forum gets busier).

Oh well, some people may need it ;).

Author trc4949
Partaker
#15 | Posted: 17 Sep 2007 09:05 
Hi Paul,

Is there an easy way to upgrade this script to the latest version. I had you install the previous version for me and don't know how to upgrade to the latest.

Tom

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 Private Messaging add-on updated
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑