miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /  

Allowing only one TOPIC for Guests

Author hadi
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 8 Sep 2007 10:03 
i have one forum . i want one topic for guests to let them post without registration (not for one forum) .
Is it posible ? How ?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 8 Sep 2007 11:07 
In miniBB's bb_specials.php there is an array $regUsrForums where you need to put your forum's ID, and DISABLE $allForumsReg setting in setup_options.php. Then note the topic's ID which you would like to set up for guests, and in bb_plugins.php paste this code:

if($user_id==0 and in_array($forum, $regUsrForums) and $topic_id==TOPIC_ID) $regUsrForums=array();

this would work only for one forum if you have it... for many forums there would be other code which I have no time to look for now.

Author hadi
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 9 Sep 2007 10:59 
Paul ,
thanks .
i did it :
-in forum you can post NEW topic as guest .
-in old topics you need registration .

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 10 Sep 2007 03:52 
Hmm, ok then try to paste this code at the end of your language pack(s).

Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /
 Allowing only one TOPIC for Guests
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑