miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs /  

bug in bb_func_deltopic.php

Author Conrad
#1 | Posted: 19 Aug 2007 12:31 
Using the current release of miniBB I encountered a "Internal Server Error" when deleting the first post in a forum with more than page of posts.

I seem to have traced the error down to the follwing line in bb_func_deltopic.php

line 26: $numRows=$countRes;

however $countRes is not defined at that point. I think it should be:

line 26: $numRows=count($res);

Changing this line prevented the 'internal server error'. I'm not a 100% certain I caught the bug, because I find it difficult to read you code and didn't want to spent hours debugging.

Best Conrad

Author tom322
#2 | Posted: 19 Aug 2007 23:43 
Hmm - I tested it and didn't encounter such error..

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 20 Aug 2007 04:56 
$countRes is globally defined in the setup_mysql.php file - function db_simpleSelect(). In general, bb_func_deltopic.php is not a file which handles deletion of the message. bb_func_delmsg.php is the right file.

But I think there is no bug regarding miniBB in that case. We have no reports from other users that claim there is something wrong when deleting a first or any other message. "Internal Server Error" message may come from completely another source, because of improper server configuration when it should recolate to the new page using HEADER function, for example. It also appears very often on IIS servers, so if your server is from Windows series, it could often mean PHP won't work properly when installed on it.

Author Conrad
#4 | Posted: 28 Aug 2007 11:33 
ok, checked that again, is probably not a bug.

I think the 'internal server error' message was due to a bad mysql statement that occured because the database was not fully updated.

thanks a lot for the software you've written (if it could only be a bit more readable)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#5 | Posted: 28 Aug 2007 11:41 
About "readability"... you may study this topic:

Why the code is not indented

Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs /
 bug in bb_func_deltopic.php
 Share Topic's Link

This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑