miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /  

different HTML header for each forum

Author USB20
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 4 Aug 2007 16:01 
well i dont speak english very well but...

for example forum id=1 has a normal header.html
and forums id=2 has other header

it is possible?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 6 Aug 2007 09:54 
You could try to play with $includeHeader variable defined in setup_options.php. Create different PHP headers for your forums and in bb_plugins.php then define:

if($forum==1) $includeHeader='header1.php';
elseif($forum==2) $includeHeader='header2.php';
else $includeHeader='header_main.php';

Please note than for custom PHP headers you need to define all miniBB variables as globals. For example instead of {$title} you need to define:

<?php echo $GLOBALS['title']; ?>

etc. with all possible miniBB vars.

I am not sure it will work so the solution is in your hands. If it will work, report here please, so I could move this topic to "Custom modifications" forum.

Author USB20
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 6 Aug 2007 11:49 
it works perfectly =)

only the bad thing is that there is to be declaring again the variables :D

thanks Paul you are fantastic

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 7 Aug 2007 05:52 
only the bad thing is that there is to be declaring again the variables

- well, I understand it's not fast, but the most important thing is that you could achieve the result this way.

Thanks, now the thread is moved to the Custom Tutorials.

Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /
 different HTML header for each forum
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑