miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
qwerty miniBB Support Forums / qwerty /  

help with php!

Author Anónimo
#1 | Posted: 16 Sep 2002 07:23 
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: db_query() in [admin profile].php on line 131

this mesage appears when i'm going to create a new forum, i'm new at this forum program, so i don't know what to do, please help me...

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 16 Sep 2002 10:22 
Anónimo
It seems, I have not found the problem should appear on 131 line. Didn't you change inside bb_admin something?

Author Anónimo
#3 | Posted: 17 Sep 2002 04:32 
nope, nothing, i'm installing the forum like the faq saids, but that error appears everytime i tried to install it (atleast 6 times)

Author Sergei
Team member
#4 | Posted: 17 Sep 2002 05:34 
Check your setup_options.php file. Maybe something is invalid there, like erroneous quotes in settings.

Author Sergei
Team member
#5 | Posted: 17 Sep 2002 05:35 
Also report us which version of php you are using. Myabe it's too old.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 17 Sep 2002 10:42 
Anónimo
Which version of miniBB are you using? I still can not see any error located on this line!!!

Author PeKa
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 18 Sep 2002 16:54 
Maybe you didn't tell the whole error message? Sometimes, errors cause other errors.
If it's not on line 131, it must be above somewhere.

Mostly, a "Call to undefined function" error is caused by PHP not being able to get the include file which holds the function or anything.
The parser still tries to execute the script with a wrong variable or datatype somewhere, maybe you should configure your webserver and PHP to show all errors and warnings?

Author Anónimo
#8 | Posted: 19 Sep 2002 11:21 
im using the new version of minibb forums...
i can't find any mistake too...
im confused...

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#9 | Posted: 19 Sep 2002 11:32 
Anónimo
I am sure that you have missed or changed something.
Try to re-upload your files to server in binary mode.

Author 4days
Champi0n
#10 | Posted: 19 Sep 2002 18:53 
Team
unrelated, but just out of interest, what do:

massiv dla hranenija peremennih iz massiva

and:

massiv dla hranenija prostih peremennih

mean?

related,
how does php decide which line it's on? i can never remember. the first line to use db_query in bb_admin.php is only 131 if you delete all the blank lines and comments (so maybe i've answered my own question).

Anónimo
did a fresh install fix it? what Peka said is right, it sounds like it can't find setup_mysql.php.

have you accidentally deleted setup_mysql.php when you installed? i know i've done that before :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#11 | Posted: 19 Sep 2002 19:12 
4days
these lines are just curious, and written for us only :) they mean:
massiv dla hranenija peremennih iz massiva
an array for saving variables from array
massiv dla hranenija prostih peremennih
an array for saving simple variables

maybe in the next version we need to remove them. for saving up space :)

how does php decide which line it's on?
No, PHP displays exactly error line.

Example:

<?

/* test */
/* test */
/* test */

/* test */
/* test */

ex();

?>

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: ex() in /.../test.php on line 12

have you accidentally deleted setup_mysql.php when you installed
Maybe it is a reason :)

However, I am wondering, how this man get into admin panel without setup_mysql. As I understood, he did.

Author PeKa
Partaker
#12 | Posted: 23 Sep 2002 11:06 
PHP does tell you the correct error line - but only the line where the error came up, not neccessarily where the problem is.
For example, if you missed a ;, PHP will tell you the line afterwards! ( =

Author Team
8-)
#13 | Posted: 23 Sep 2002 11:23 
PeKa
That's right.

Author Anonymous
#14 | Posted: 5 Mar 2007 01:18 
==HELP==

We are a web designers and we are developing a simple website for a small organization but when we try to code the file the file didnt work please help us.

thi is the code that we use:

<?php

//Check whether the submission is made
if(isset($hidSubmit)){

//Declarate the necessary variables
$mail_to=$txtEmailto;
$mail_from=$txtEmailfrm;
$mail_sub=$txtSub;
$mail_mesg=$txtMsg;

//Check for success/failure of delivery
if(mail($mail_to,$mail_sub,$mail_mesg,"From:$mail_from/r/nReply-to:$ma il_from"))
echo "<span class='textred'>E-mail has been sent successfully from $mail_sub to $mail_to</span>";
else
echo "<span class='textred'>Failed to send the E-mail from $mail_sub to $mail_to</span>";
}
?>

<form name="frmsendmail" method="post" action="" onSubmit="return ValidationForm()">
<table width="100%" border="0">
<tr>
<td width="33%" align="right" class="text">To :
<td width="67%"><input name="txtEmailto" type="text" class="input" id="txtEmailto" size="30" maxlength="100" value="ehdzsengco@hotmail.com">
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="right" class="text">From :
<td><input name="txtEmailfrm" type="text" class="input" id="txtEmailfrm" size="30" maxlength="100">
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="right" class="text">Subject :
<td><input name="txtSub" type="text" class="input" id="txtSub" size="30" maxlength="100">
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="right" class="text">Mesage(body) :
<td><textarea name="txtMsg" cols="50" rows="10" class="input" id="textarea"></textarea>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="right"><input name="hidSubmit" type="hidden" id="hidSubmit" value="true">
<input name="Submit" type="submit" class="input" value="Send">
<td><input name="Submit2" type="reset" class="input" value="Reset">
</tr>
</table>
</form>

thank you,

qwerty miniBB Support Forums / qwerty /
 help with php!
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑