The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

making the title display just the main post title, not the site title

Author trc4949
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 20 May 2007 19:05 
in the template file main_posts.html

when viewed in a browser the TITLE of the page is shown as :

This is the post title - My Mini BB forum

Is there a way to make it so that title includes JUST "This is the post title" and not always adding the " - My Mini BB forum" piece to the end of it ???

I am not sure if main_posts.html is the file that needs to be edited in order to changes this...

Author tom322
#2 | Posted: 20 May 2007 22:55 
Look in bb_func_vthread.php (on the bottom find $title - just leave the topic title there)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 21 May 2007 04:24 
trc4949
Why it is necessary for you?

Author trc4949
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 23 May 2007 21:09 
well it is not necessary.. just another one of my crazy theories that it will help my search engine placement :) since it focuses only on the main topic or post of the page and does not water things down with the main site title every time :)

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 making the title display just the main post title, not the site title
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑