®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

Import VBulletin

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 27 Apr 2007 10:18 
Hello,

I wonder if there is any script to import a vbulletin to minibb. I currently run VB and would be very interested to switch to minibb because VB is very overloaded and I believe that minibb will cause less server stress if the forum becomes more popular.

If there is any importer or if importing services are available, please let me know :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 30 Apr 2007 03:21 
Unfortunatelly, because other party developers often change database structure releasing new versions, we are unable to follow them and release such converter / importer for free.

However it is possible to convert the database for a fee. The fee depends on what exactly data you need to import from VB. It will take time to compare the databases and probably program a special script which takes data from one database to another.

In other words, everything depends on how much you are ready to invest ;-)

Author alans
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 19 May 2007 10:00 
I am interested this too, vbb is popular community, if there is any script to help to move from vbulletin to minibb, it will be welcome.not only vbb, but also other popular community like phpbb,punbb etc.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 20 May 2007 05:33 
alans
As I wrote, if you're ready to pay for out work regarding this, you're welcome.

We ourselves are too busy with miniBB-project only. Tasks regarding other boards are considered to be custom for us.

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 Import VBulletin
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑