miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

backgrounds causing header errors

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 10 Apr 2007 04:41 
I want to get rid of this annoying gap under the forum list where the backfround comes through. If i put the whole thing in a table with a white background when you login it gives errors saying headers already sent. I would also love to pad the whole lot by 3px to maintain the design but again if i used a table it causes the same errors. Admin help would be very much appreciated.

http://82.110.105.76/attentional.co.uk/forum/index.php

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 10 Apr 2007 06:07 
Modify CSS style, table.forumsmb or .tbTransparentmb class and remove the value margin-bottom:12pt;

Or modify templates/main_forums.html and replace main table's class from "forumsmb" to "forums".

Or change the value to whatever px amount you want.

Author Andy1983
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 10 Apr 2007 11:58 
Thanks for the response however you'll notice i have already changed those suggested: (see below)

.tbTransparent, .tbTransparentmb{
font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;
width: 760px;
background: #FFFFFF;
font-size: 11px;
line-height: 15px;
text-align: center;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
vertical-align: top;
}

.tbTransparentmb{
margin-bottom:0pt;
}

.tbTransparentCell{
text-align: left;
}
---------------------------------------------------------------
You will also notice on the main_forums.html page i am using the correct class.

<table class="tbTransparentmb"><tr><td>{$user_logging}</td></tr></table>

<table class="forums">
It also does it on this page:
http://82.110.105.76/attentional.co.uk/forum//index.php?action=vthread &forum=1&topic=1

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 10 Apr 2007 12:39 
In the source you have

<table class="tbTransparent" style="margin-top:12pt">

that is probably the reason...

Author andydtwo
#5 | Posted: 11 Apr 2007 03:02 
Thank you that fixed the gap on the front page but there is still the issue on these pages:

http://82.110.105.76/attentional.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=vthread& forum=1&topic=2

Where you reply to a comment. And i cant padd the forum by three px without disturbing other stuff.

Author andydtwo
#6 | Posted: 11 Apr 2007 03:17 
I reckon its where the form tag is between both tables. But i have no idea where to change that in the code. Still no joy on padding dispite several attempts. Would you like FTP access?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 11 Apr 2007 03:23 
Your question is in general related only to our custom paid support. We're not providing any kind of custom solutions for free. See forum rules. I gave you some ideas regarding this but unfortunatelly that's all regarding the free support.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 backgrounds causing header errors
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑