®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs /  

Massive BBCode-Errors

Author Indyaner
#1 | Posted: 23 Mar 2007 05:24 
Hi

I downloaded and installed the latest Version (2.0.3a 15-Jan-2007) of minibb.
After I setup for hours the look of the forum I make some testposts. For my suprise I found out that there are some strange problems with the BBCodes.

When I write an URL with or without [url=X]TEXT[/url] he do nothing. The BBcode for Strong, Italic and Unterline works fine. But the URL-Thing is strange. I look up in the this Forum if this is a know behavior. I google around. Then i opened the bb_codes.php and check if there is something wrong with the Expressions (Because I've added the CODE-Addon for BB, so maybe this was the problem that I've shot down some nesseary lines). I found out that there are also expressions for [FONT] and something. But this he denied either. Then I checked the Database. I found out that the Posts have no [URL]-Tag when they were submittet to the Database.

For the last test, I've instaled another miniBB 2.0.3a fresh out of the box without any modifications or addons. I came out that there is no URL-RegExp-Parsing too. So... last hope... this Forum.

Any Ideas?

You can find the board here:
http://www.indyaner.de/study/board/index.php

Thanks.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 23 Mar 2007 05:31 
It's a feature. Read suggested in the same thread. I see many people do not understand why it happens (i.e. why NOTHING happens).

Author Indyaner
#3 | Posted: 23 Mar 2007 05:54 
OK, i take everything back. Your Code works better than my brain=)

But, its a realy nasty feature. Is there a way to disable it? Or a plugin to setup a list fo users who are trustworth-BB-User?

ciao

Author Indyaner
#4 | Posted: 23 Mar 2007 05:56 
Found it in the Linkes thread already...

isset($GLOBALS['user_num_posts']) and $GLOBALS['user_num_posts']>5

Author tom322
#5 | Posted: 23 Mar 2007 11:02 
Indyaner
You have your point, but thanks to this feature I sleep better at night (you'll know what I mean when your board gets busier ;).

Author Anonymous
#6 | Posted: 5 Apr 2007 14:13 
http://www.myprague.cz

Author Anonymous
#7 | Posted: 5 Apr 2007 14:15 
Sorry guys it was test. Why links dont work?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 5 Apr 2007 14:28 
Sorry guys it was test. Why links dont work?

because... They work actually.

This option has been separated in 2.0.4.

Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs /
 Massive BBCode-Errors
 Share Topic's Link

This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑