Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

First Page News addon and RSS addon were updated

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#1 | Posted: 16 Feb 2007 05:26 
A little update and fixes include:

1) In both addons, now it is possible to leave $displayForums array empty and allow to display the information from ALL forums automatically. The possibility to set only special forums to parse is kept as previously.

2) First Page News includes little fix regarding displaying links to the threads.

Both changes are not major, but you are welcome to upgrade as always, and report us any possible errors you may find ;-)

Author Vishal
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 16 Feb 2007 22:27 
This is after the latest update

One of the topic descriptions has the nbsp (non breaking space) entity and I got the following error:

RSS Feed Error

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 19 Feb 2007 04:35 
Hmm, I am wondering - HOW could I repeat it? Which way this text appeared on your board? Have you modified something directly in the database?

I can not repeat it on minibbtest for example.

In general you may try yourself, I've installed RSS addon there.

Author erintes
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 19 Feb 2007 07:59 
I have just downloaded the latest version of First Page News addon. After uploading and setup, no matter how I would like to include addon_1stpagenews2.php on my homepage (non miniBB), I keep getting the Fatal error message. I am pretty sure I have defined the path to my forums directory correctly.

Here is the url
http://www.erintes.com/forum/addon_1stpagenews2.php

Author tom322
#5 | Posted: 19 Feb 2007 09:25 
Hmm, I am wondering - HOW could I repeat it?
I'm almost sure it's related to the "Merge topic" addon (first versions maybe) - I think the   should be removed (where the date of moving is presented) and insert just a space there..

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 19 Feb 2007 10:28 
erintes
Be sure to download the latest version we have now. I've noticed this error today too and fixed it in the package. Please try again.

tom322
Hmm that could be the reason. I'll check later...

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 21 Feb 2007 08:13 
Yes, that was the exact reason.

I have fixed Merge Topics addon, Vishal be sure to download the updated version and/or fix the old merged message manually, removing tags.

Author Vishal
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 26 Feb 2007 23:22 
Sorry for being late! Thanks Paul!

News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 First Page News addon and RSS addon were updated
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑