miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

How to add data from old forum to the new one

Author Janusz
#1 | Posted: 6 Feb 2007 04:01 
I installed new version 2.0.3 of miniBB and it is running. There is hundred of posts in it. Some users ask me to add data from old 2.0RC4b forum. I have backup database file from old forum but I'm afraid that simply importing them using phpMyAdmin will destroy existing database. What you suggest me to do?
Thank you in advance!

Author Janusz
#2 | Posted: 6 Feb 2007 04:14 
During installation of new version of miniBB I changed table names, so I noticed that in MySQL database are old forum data with diffrend table names. I think it is only the matter of intgration with new tables? How to do it and not ruin existing data?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 6 Feb 2007 05:14 
Read this topic as it could point you to the correct upgrading guides.

So far I could tell you don't need to import anything. You just need to upgrade the old database, adding new fields and converting their values with special utility described in the guides. Creating new database and importing data from the old will bring you a lot of bad surprises.

Our free support is very limited regarding upgrades, and if you are in troubles how to do that correctly we are providing only paid support.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 How to add data from old forum to the new one
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑