miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

Who's Online

Page  Page 1 of 5:  1  2  3  4  5  Next »

Author h4tt3n
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 6 Oct 2005 14:09 
How do you manipulate the look of the "Who's online now" addon? There's no template or .css file...

Thanks!

H4tt3n

Author Fritzek
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 6 Oct 2005 16:15 
have a look to the bottom of whoisonline.php

Author h4tt3n
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 6 Oct 2005 22:11 
Ah! Thanks,

God, I feel stupid...

h4tt3n

Author LostBoy
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 9 Feb 2006 21:10 
i cant use this mod on my hosting. i get this error:

Warning: fopen() [function.fopen.php]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 47948 is not allowed to access /tmp/LqEL44 owned by uid 33

Warning: fopen(/tmp/LqEL44) [function.fopen.php]: failed to open stream: Permission denied

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource

Warning: unlink(./shared_files/whosonline_data.php) [function.unlink.php]: Permission denied

Warning: rename() [function.rename.php]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 47948 is not allowed to access /tmp/LqEL44 owned by uid 33

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod.php]: Operation not permitted

they use safe_mode or something.. :(

is there a way to make it work ?

Author Team
8-)
#5 | Posted: 9 Feb 2006 21:48 
If this restriction is set, better ask your provider... plugin will not work with it.

Author Danny2000
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 16 Feb 2006 17:47 
How can use whosonline only in main page?

Author Danny2000
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 16 Feb 2006 20:24 
I mean that I want just show whosonline in first page,
this is important that whosonline count users of another pages,

Author Team
8-)
#8 | Posted: 17 Feb 2006 07:26 
PHP will not work in templates direct way.

Again, you need to edit whosolnine.php and where you find the output

$whosOnline=<<<out
out;

it should be surrounded like:

if($action=='') {

$whosOnline=<<<out
out;

}

Author Danny2000
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 17 Feb 2006 17:21 
thank you so much ;)

Author g41687
Partaker
#10 | Posted: 16 Nov 2006 04:30 
A question about the "who's online" add on implementation :
Can I move those variable definitions in the language files from the addon_whosonline.php file?

$l_whosOnline='Online now: '; //language def.
$l_guestsOnline='Guests'; //language def.
$l_loggedOnline='Members'; //language def.
$l_onlineRecord='Most users ever online:'; //language def.

... so it will respect the language of the page

Thanks a lot for your answer.
Philippe

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#11 | Posted: 16 Nov 2006 10:29 
Yes, you can move them to your language pack(s) with no problem.

Author Anonymous
#12 | Posted: 28 Nov 2006 07:38 
Is this addon working with sessions? As i logout and it still tells me i am online. Maybe there is something wrong with logout.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#13 | Posted: 28 Nov 2006 12:57 
As i logout and it still tells me i am online
Does this work on our forums? On test forums?

Maybe there is something wrong with logout
Maybe there is something wrong with the installation?.. or understanding of what actually happening?.. invalid cookie settings?..

Is this addon working with sessions?
It works with cookies only... the same way as session ID is stored in a cookie, and addon's information needs to be stored in a session variable then, addon's necessary information is already stored in a cookie straight way.

Author ceslen
Partaker
#14 | Posted: 27 Jan 2007 15:33 
I seem to be getting this error. I have set my folder to the correct permissions (shared_files has read/write access). I tried setting my forums folder to read/write just to see if it was trying to write to /forums/addon_whosonline.php , but that did nothing. Im not sure what this is trying to tell me. It should be able to run the unlink function. Im contacting the server provider now.

Warning: unlink(shared_files/addon_whosonline_data.php): Permission denied in D:\sites\vhosts\alabama-wedding.com\httpdocs\FORUMS\addon_whosonline.p hp on line 44

Warning: rename(C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\199D.tmp,shared_files/addon_whosonline_data.php ): File exists in D:\sites\vhosts\alabama-wedding.com\httpdocs\FORUMS\addon_whosonline.p hp on line 45

Author ceslen
Partaker
#15 | Posted: 27 Jan 2007 16:26 
Solved it. I didn't have FULL permissions set, just read/write. It couldn't delete. I'm an idiot. :P

Lesson: Make sure your have FULL permissions set.

Page  Page 1 of 5:  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 Who's Online
 Share Topic's Link
 Visit: online roulette

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑