Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Master Class miniBB Support Forums / Master Class /  

Multiple boards per website?

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3

Author Team
8-)
#31 | Posted: 11 Nov 2005 10:05 
It depends on how do you want these forums to be organized. If you want to build multiple forums on one core, and setup them individually yourself, you can create subdomains and tie them up using Apache DNS configuration, and use the same users table with separately named forum tables. If you want to built something when users create forums themselves - it is more difficult, but still possible....

Author scotty d
#32 | Posted: 10 Jan 2007 23:04 
also as setup_options.php for each directory.

i'm trying to set up multiple instances of the forum on a single virtual host using the code in a single directory, as discussed in this forum.

i've used the url rewrite, and added a script in index.php and admin.php to determine the directory of the referring url. i've managed to get the bb to display, but the web server is looking for bb_default_style.css in the subdirectory: not in the CORE_ENGINE directory. in fact, it's doing this for anything in the directories img/ lang/ and templates/. this is inhibiting the functions.

for example, i can see a forum, but i can't post to us - the web server reports an error looking for templates/form.js

so there seems to be more to the forumfarm than the code that's been included. any advice?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#33 | Posted: 11 Jan 2007 03:19 
I think in that case you may need to introduce some kind of variable {$main_url_core} for example. Then in every template change https://www.minibb.com/forums to {$main_url_core}.

$pathToFiles variable should also be the generic for all forums in that case.

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 
Master Class miniBB Support Forums / Master Class /
 Multiple boards per website?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑