miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Anonymous User Question

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 28 Dec 2006 05:13 
I have customized my minibb by removing the sign in box at the bottom of the New Topic post area.

The user, instead, signs in at the top, and then can make a new post.

I also have this open to the general public, with the captcha feature, so they can post. The username for a while now has been Anonymous for thos posters, using userid #0, but i have once in a while people putting in a different name when they post. Userid still shows 0.

My question is this: If the signin box at the bottom is not there when they post, how are they able to change the name from Anonymous?

Author otto
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 28 Dec 2006 15:03 
how are they able to change the name from Anonymous?
They don't change the name. Even if they are anonymous they can log in with a name and then they are not called 'anonymous'. It doesn't matter that you removed the sign in box at the bottom. They find it elsewhere :-)

Author Anonymous
#3 | Posted: 28 Dec 2006 17:31 
I understand your point, but that didn't quite answer my question. I appreciate you trying. :)

If only guests post, how does the anonymous login? If the signin box at the bottom is not there when they post, how are they able to change the name from Anonymous?

I have some users that are changing their name, but are not logged in, and I have no members with that name.

It shows on the post:

Username
Anonymous

When I mouseover on the username, it dhows userid=0. Just curious how they did it. I have no way to contact the people to ask how they did this.

Author tom322
#4 | Posted: 28 Dec 2006 21:47 
I think you must have changed the html templates (and possibly the script/s). I don't know where to find userid=0 after mouseover the username (could you repeat this on this forum)?

Author Anonymous
#5 | Posted: 29 Dec 2006 08:17 
When you put your mouse over the Member's title, you'll see it there.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 29 Dec 2006 11:21 
It's a question of our paid support.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Anonymous User Question
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑