miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /  

Reporting Bad Posts

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 19 Dec 2006 22:29 
Do you have a suggestion for MiniBB that will allow users to report bad posts so Mod/Admin doesn't have to have to go through every single post?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 20 Dec 2006 02:19 
By suggestion, do you mean "extension"?

I don't know how special this would be, and why it can not be merged with Private Messaging addon, for example, or Direct Email addon.

Author Anonymous
#3 | Posted: 20 Dec 2006 18:10 
I would like to see something that would give options why it should be deleted, and then simply delete or ignore the report, similar to the approve and delete the premodmsgs script

Author tom322
#4 | Posted: 20 Dec 2006 21:23 
I think the Checker addon does a great job - no need to read any emails. :) I wouldn't assume all abusive posts would actually be reported (plus you'll have to spend a lot of time just reading the "report stories" among which half are subjective) so a good forum without every-day active moderation would be hard to achieve..

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#5 | Posted: 21 Dec 2006 04:34 
I would like to see something that would give options why it should be deleted
In most cases, topic is deleted or moved because it's not compliant with the rules. Refer to your forum rules in all places, like we do. You do not need to work for the users, but users should follow your rules. If they don't follow, it's their problem.

We have no plans anymore to introduce additional big new features like this in miniBB. Upcoming release will cover some new additions, but that's all. I'm tired of fixing new bugs because of new features, and I am interested in the stable program, not full-featured.

Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /
 Reporting Bad Posts
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑