miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Login disappeared!

Author anthemis
#1 | Posted: 17 Dec 2006 10:07 
Last year I included miniBB in a Web-Site and all worked well until some weeks ago the administrator contacted me because of a flood of spam.
As the forum is mainly used to discuss questions given by the administrator
, I changed it to post-only (after I spend some time in this forum I found
better solutions and included them - but the error discribed occured when I had changed to "post-only").
It seems that after some weeks new spam came flooding in and the administrator decided to delete topics - unfortunately she deleted every topic and since then the whole login-section simply disappeared.
If I (knowing of course the path of administration-panel) enter the site as administrator the index side looks perfect. But as soon as I log out there is no "new topic", "message" or login anymore.

Where might I search for the error?

Thanks in advance
anthemis

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 18 Dec 2006 03:04 
This sounds a bit unclear. Do you mean login section disappeared AT THE TOP of first page?

Author anthemis
#3 | Posted: 18 Dec 2006 07:08 
It means that there is no login section and no section to enter new topics anymore. You can only look at the existing forum. If I enter as administrator by typing in the path to administration panel and go back to the first page the page looks as it should with login section and section to enter new topics. Then I log out and the sections are gone again.

I thought the error might have occured because administrator deleted the only existing forum so I created a new one. That looked all right at first but when I tried to use it after logout the sections disappeared again.

I hope this is a little more clear. If you would like to look at the page it is on
www.stadtmarketing-elmshorn.de/forum

Author anthemis
#4 | Posted: 18 Dec 2006 07:16 
Sorry, that didn't seem to work. I guess I'm getting a little tired.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#5 | Posted: 18 Dec 2006 07:37 
The only thing you should do is to upgrade to the newest release. We are no longer supporting 1.x series.

Author anthemis
#6 | Posted: 18 Dec 2006 08:08 
Thank you very much for looking anyway.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Login disappeared!
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑