®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

Search crawler for the site?

Author otto
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 15 Dec 2006 13:56 
Hope I do not break the rules. I was thinking if I should post in Trash or not post at all.

But I really would like if someone had the best idea about a search machine for ones personal site, the whole site, not just the bulletin board.

It should use the same concept as MiniBB (mini, logical, beutiful, configurabel, free or cheap to by) and should be close to just as good.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 15 Dec 2006 14:43 
I think, Google is your friend. They offer search box installation on any site. Results can contain your own colors, logo and take part in Adsense program.

Author otto
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 15 Dec 2006 18:57 
Thanks. But I meant not searching the world, I meant searching my own stuff only.

Author tom322
#4 | Posted: 15 Dec 2006 21:24 
Thanks. But I meant not searching the world, I meant searching my own stuff only.
I'm sure Paul meant just that - google provides free search feature for any website. http://www.google.com/searchcode.html

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#5 | Posted: 16 Dec 2006 04:22 
Ok, I will provide an example :-)

Try to look up at one of my favourite music lables Fax. In the search box on the left of the page, type "psychonavigation". Results will be offered by Google search. Pay attention on how search results page is looking.

Author Moony
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 16 Dec 2006 12:08 
One problem is that Google does not index all your pages. On big sites and forums up to 50% remain unindexed.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 16 Dec 2006 15:02 
If Google is not enough, I think, programming full search function is individual for each project. It is better to create some kind of index for every possible page, and search on that index...

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 Search crawler for the site?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑