Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /  

Different date displaying format for forums frontpage only

Author otto
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 24 Nov 2006 02:05 
I am upgrading to v.20.
At first I did not like the new display of both topic author and last poster. I found it looked a little bit less 'mini' and I meant I did not really need the new feature. I would stick to my old template(s).
So I thought, but now - I was thinking and thinking :-) - I desided to use it anyway, the idea is fine.
One thing, though, to get a little bit more space, and an in my opinion a little bit more beautiful look, I would like to get rid of the time on the frontpage, not the date. The global settings are fine and I need the time (hours and minutes) everywhere else.
Have anyone an idea about a little code piece for main_last_discuss_cell? Or shall I crawl through a lot?
Thanks.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 24 Nov 2006 03:08 
If I understood you correctly, this is the line you need to paste in bb_plugins.php:

if($action=='') $dateFormat='j F Y';

(so set the date format to whatever you wish for the first page)

Author Anonymous
#3 | Posted: 24 Nov 2006 16:43 
Paul, thank you very much!
It was exactly what I wanted.
I am very happy.

Author otto
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 10 Dec 2006 16:07 
Ups! Sorry! I got a finger and now I want the whole hand :-(
I see that I want the same short date (without time) also on the main_topic page (I mean these pages where we have two Date colums).
It is still just about the look, I feel that the time is important first when I open the (last) message.
Paul, I said I got happy and I did.
Any help?
Of course it dosn.t need to be you :-)

Author tom322
#5 | Posted: 11 Dec 2006 14:25 
My wild guess would be to include in bb_plugins.php this below (but it may not work of course as it's just a guess...")

if($action=='' or $action=='vtopic') $dateFormat='j F Y';

Author otto
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 11 Dec 2006 14:47 
tom322 I do not thnk you really think your guessing is that wild :-)
I am very impressed by your folks (and I am longing to learn myselv).
Anyway, it works as a charm!
Now I have it as I wanted, thank you very much!
And thank you also to Paul.

Author tom322
#7 | Posted: 11 Dec 2006 14:59 
You're welcome! This forum, especially Paul's and Team's posts, helped me learn what I know now so I can sometimes provide "guess services" :)

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /
 Different date displaying format for forums frontpage only
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑