miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

Why member's name displayed that strange way?.. And where can I see the email address?

Author lowt
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 9 Jul 2002 20:18 
Hello!

In the topics section, where can I see the emailaddress of the author?

What exactly happens when you click on the person's name? (I see there's something happening in the textarea, I don't see what purpose this is)

Thanks,
Great script!

Author 4days
Champi0n
#2 | Posted: 10 Jul 2002 01:49 
lowt
when you click on a name, it's pasted into the reply box in bold (handy if there have been a few posts and you want to reply to someone in particular).

authors email addresses aren't displayed so you'd have to modify something to be able to see them - most folks don't want their email address in public view though, so it might be better to leave it as it is.

Author Team
8-)
#3 | Posted: 10 Jul 2002 10:04 
lowt
authors email addresses aren't displayed
If to be more precise - if author don't want it, they are not displayed, and vice versa. You can know out any info specified by user, clicking on his description below (member, moderator or whatever).

Author Anonymous
#4 | Posted: 6 Dec 2006 10:41 
Hello, I hope I am posting this in the right section...

I recently added moderators to my miniBB (they work fine) but now I have run into another issue.

When logged in the forums, viewing a topic, there are two colums:
Author | Message
Username

Under Author, is the username and title (moderator). When I click the username to view their info, it inserts User Name into the reply. But, if I click on the title (Moderator) under their name, it displays the "About User" page.

Does anyone know why this may be happening? Thanks for looking at this.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#5 | Posted: 6 Dec 2006 13:05 
So, which way do you want it to be shown?

It is our interface, and it works, as I see. But I don't know which way you have modified the template main_posts_cell.html so it inserts "Username" instead of actual username (login) on Forums. Like we do have here, on our board. It's probably your mistake! Take default files and compare them carefully... isn't this question out of our rules?

It should work the way you described. You click on my name, it is inserted in the posts, and that way you're attracting my attention, replying to the post I've made (if you are replying more than to one post in the thread, you need to separate your opinions some way). You click on the community info link, and it displays some info about me.

What's wrong?

But don't say "in phpBB I saw..." please.

Author Anonymous
#6 | Posted: 6 Dec 2006 13:43 
ok...sorry. I'm new to this and did not know that was they way it was supposed to work. I searched on this topic and found nothing, that is why I asked. I was just always used to clicking on the members name to view their info. Now I know....and it works the way it should.

As far as phpBB...I chose miniBB, not phpBB so there is nothing to say.

Sorry for not being experienced in this.....

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 Why member's name displayed that strange way?.. And where can I see the email address?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑