miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

YouTube BB code

Page  Page 2 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next »

Author lime
Partaker
#16 | Posted: 4 Nov 2006 13:11 
lol @ paul

You can find some strange and funny things on youtube =)

Anonymous, I think only the code in bb_codes.php was changed.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#17 | Posted: 4 Nov 2006 15:27 
Yes, the code for bb_codes.php has been changed.

Actually I need to know what other symbols are allowed in YouTube URLs, if it doesn't work.

Author Anonymous
#18 | Posted: 4 Nov 2006 15:45 
seems to work now!

i have a question, is it possible to disable certain bb codes in specific forums?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#19 | Posted: 5 Nov 2006 08:19 
I think yes... you need to modify functions of bb_codes.php so they include a condition like

if(isset($GLOBALS['forum']) and $GLOBALS['forum']!=0 and in_array($GLOBALS['forum'], $specialBBCodeForums)){

/* here we include the available codes for the forums, specified in $specialBBCodeForums array */

}

Author Anonymous
#20 | Posted: 5 Nov 2006 16:24 
hmm, im afraid i will mess something up.

lets say i want to enable youtube code for only forum ID 4, how would the code look, and where in the youtube code would i put it?

i really appreciate this

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#21 | Posted: 6 Nov 2006 04:01 
if(isset($GLOBALS['forum']) and $GLOBALS['forum']!=0 and in_array($GLOBALS['forum'], array(4))){

/* You tube code here, provided in the package above. This rule must be pasted both in encodeBB and decodeBB functions. */

}

Author Anonymous
#22 | Posted: 6 Nov 2006 10:25 
friggin awesome....

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#23 | Posted: 6 Nov 2006 12:55 
What is "frigging"?

Author Anonymous
#24 | Posted: 6 Nov 2006 18:32 
it's a less offensive way of saying f*cking.

I mean, very cool. Thanks!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#25 | Posted: 7 Nov 2006 03:39 
Ok, thanks :-)

Author Monk
Partaker
#26 | Posted: 14 Nov 2006 23:32 
I will definitely have to try this out. :-)

Just a quick question; is there a way to disable certain bb codes for Anonymous posters as well?

thank you.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#27 | Posted: 15 Nov 2006 03:30 
is there a way to disable certain bb codes for Anonymous posters as well - check this thread.

Author Monk
Partaker
#28 | Posted: 15 Nov 2006 15:48 
Hmm, the button works, but all I'm getting is a big space where the Youtube video should be.

Edit: Never mind, I understand now.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#29 | Posted: 16 Nov 2006 04:00 
Never mind, I understand now
So, what what the reason?

Author Monk
Partaker
#30 | Posted: 16 Nov 2006 07:13 
Well, when javacript window asked for the YouTube url I put:

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1WmOd9O_ew

That address is to the video on the YouTube site(Which redirects you to it when put in the address bar) and not the video file itself.

This url that worked is this:

//www.youtube.com/watch/v/s1WmOd9O_ew

This url is to the video file itself, which is why it works.

You can see the difference for yourself when you look at the link. It took me while to realize it; that's what you get when you work on these things late at night. :-)

Page  Page 2 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 YouTube BB code
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑