miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /  

How can I delete all topics in one of my forums?

Author Danny2000
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 28 Oct 2006 17:25 
How can I delete all topics in one of my forums? (I don't want to delete that forum, I just want to delete all of it's topics. It has about 1200 topics)

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#2 | Posted: 28 Oct 2006 18:49 
Perhaps this is an option for you: delete the forum (so that you can delete all posts/threads in it) and then re-create it again.
-mb

Author Danny2000
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 28 Oct 2006 20:21 
marsbar
If I do this the forum number is change, and all of my previous setting (define moderators and ...) must be change

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 29 Oct 2006 04:47 
I think, it's possible to do only directly in database. For example, by the following command:

delete from minibbtable_topics where forum_id=FORUM_ID;
delete from minibbtable_posts where forum_id=FORUM_ID;

But please note: number of postings per each users also needs to be recalculated. I recommend to run Update Script (convdb.php) after all and choose "second" option to re-calculate amount of topics and posts in static fields.

If you have large amount of posts, it's worth to recalculate only number of user postings (not also topic latest post time, as this script does by default). You may comment out the algorithm which states as /* Topic last post time */ and run this script calculating only user postings then.

Author Danny2000
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 29 Oct 2006 21:58 
Paul
Thank you so much ;-)

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /
 How can I delete all topics in one of my forums?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑