Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /  

How to make "Your Answer" Message Box centered

Author Dragon
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 23 Oct 2006 10:39 
All,

I have limited php and html knowledge. I have everything working OK now except for a few plug-ins. My only issue at this point is that the "New Topic" box is centered under the forum's topics. When you go to a topic/discussion forum, the "Your Answer" box is not tabled and is to the left of the screen, not centered under the discussion.

The same thing happens/shows when editing a message. I have tried in vain to find the problem for days, and also used Paul's suggestion utilizing Total Commander for finding the code to no avail. Where would I look to find the code to fix this? I have looked at directly at every template's html and can't seem to fix it. I have found the area and html

This isn't a big problem but it does bug me.

Check the case: http://www.homesteadpropertyexemption.info/

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 23 Oct 2006 11:04 
templates/main_post_form.html

where it opens the <td> before <textarea>, it should be

<td class="caption5" style="text-align:center">

something like this... the same for the

templates/main_topics.html
templates/tools_edit_post.html
templates/tools_edit_topic_title.html

Author Dragon
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 23 Oct 2006 12:03 
Still no luck. I think I am missing some html in regards to the "Your Answer" box. I notice that here on this page the "Your Answer" box and associated form is bordered by a line. The entire form is in a box. Not so on my threads pages. The box is centered on the New topics" form under the forum...

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 23 Oct 2006 12:06 
Sorry, we're not providing free support on custom problems. Either you teach HTML yourself, either you pay us for solving the prob.

Just a hint: miniBB templates are built dynamically one by one. Posting area templates are separated from others. What you call "border" is actually defined in CSS, not HTML.

Author Dragon
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 23 Oct 2006 12:12 
I'll pay. I don't expect anything free. Ahh...OK I will look in the css file

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 23 Oct 2006 12:14 
If you decide to order paid support, contact us privately, describe everything you need in details; after you pay off the invoice, we will start to fix your mistakes ;-) cheers.

Author Dragon
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 23 Oct 2006 12:16 
Thanks Paul. I look forward to the help.

Author Dragon
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 23 Oct 2006 12:25 
I think I found it. I opened the main_post_area.html file and re-saved it in Front page. It seems normal now.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#9 | Posted: 23 Oct 2006 12:31 
Front page is the worst thing you may use for editing ;-) It produces an invalid HTML and add a lot of unuseful code. But if it works for you, it's ok.

Author Dragon
Partaker
#10 | Posted: 23 Oct 2006 12:32 
I seem to have found that out the hard way. I used to use Notepad until html became more difficult. What program do you suggest for proper html editing?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#11 | Posted: 23 Oct 2006 12:47 
We're HTML gurus and don't using visual editors. I know HTML by syntax completely and using Notepad2.

miniBB is not created by newbies ;-)

Author Dragon
Partaker
#12 | Posted: 23 Oct 2006 12:48 
I see that! It is awesome! I just purchased the File Upload software. I hope I won't need help installing that.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#13 | Posted: 23 Oct 2006 16:33 
Even if you'll need, I'm ready to answer your questions about the addon for free ;-). Thank you!

Author Dragon
Partaker
#14 | Posted: 23 Oct 2006 18:19 
You're welcome sir. I can't wait to install it. I am very happy and excited about your software. I thank you deeply for the time, effort and possibilities that you have provided for me.

best regards...

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /
 How to make "Your Answer" Message Box centered
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑