miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Master Class miniBB Support Forums / Master Class /  

Using {$...} tags in custom header.php and footer.php?

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 22 Nov 2004 02:11 
Is it possible to make the {$l_menu[0]} etc. tags in the custom header.php and footer.php files work? I have a page with a quite long header and I wouldn't want to have almost the same long code in both ./inc/header.php and in ./forum/template/main_header.html ..

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 22 Nov 2004 10:50 
Use $GLOBALS['l_menu'][0] etc.

Example (from the working site):

<?php include("include/head.php"); ?>

<table width="100%" cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 border=0>
<tr><td style="border-bottom: 1px solid #000000" align=center><span class=txtNr><b><?=$GLOBALS['l_menu'][0];?><?=$GLOBALS['l_menu'][7]?><? =$GLOBALS['l_menu'][3]?><?=$GLOBALS['l_menu'][2]?><?=$GLOBALS['l_menu' ][1]?><?=$GLOBALS['l_menu']
[5]?><?=$GLOBALS['l_sepr']?></b></span>
</td></tr></table>
<div align=center>

Author marti
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 22 Nov 2004 11:01 
thank you very much!

Author Anonymous
#4 | Posted: 4 Oct 2006 00:05 
How can I keep the existing look and feel of my website by using the header/footer in my php pages?

Currently the code in place produces a header abnd footer, but no menu (navigation bar).

<? include("/pathto.../templates/main_header.php") ?>

Content here

<? include("/pathto.../templates/main_footer.php") ?>

Everything displays fine but the menu is missing.

How can I fix this?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#5 | Posted: 4 Oct 2006 03:09 
I think, you need to use {$GLOBALS['l_menu'][0]} for example instead of $l_menu[0] and so on for all menu items. I.e. use $GLOBALS array of variables instead of simple vars.

Author Anonymous
#6 | Posted: 4 Oct 2006 09:09 
Actually, I used this, but not displaying menu. Displays everything else.

<?=$GLOBALS['l_menu'][0];?>

What else should I try?

Author Team
8-)
#7 | Posted: 4 Oct 2006 09:48 
Try

<?php echo $GLOBALS['l_menu'][0]; ?>

and for other items, too. [l_menu][0]; index is not displayed on the first page, but only on internal pages.

Author Anonymous
#8 | Posted: 5 Oct 2006 11:16 
That still didn't work. I am able to pull the header and footer just fine, using include tags. But when I place the menu links as described above, they do not display.

Do I need to add anything to the pages so it knows what to look for concerning the Global menu?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#9 | Posted: 6 Oct 2006 02:40 
So, are they simply not displayed, or the script gives some error? It should give some error or Notice, which you can see if your php.ini's error_reporting setting set to E_ALL.

Without noticing the error, we can not determine the problem.

Author Anonymous
#10 | Posted: 4 Nov 2006 22:45 
what i did was just copied all the visual header portion and copied it onto a template i use for all my other pages. it's entirely seamless this way.

Master Class miniBB Support Forums / Master Class /
 Using {$...} tags in custom header.php and footer.php?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑