®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Directly insert tag [imgs] or [url]

Author keplero
#1 | Posted: 3 Oct 2006 13:05 
Hello,
is it possible to insert directly in the page the tags [imgs] or [url] when the relative buttons are pressed, instead of viewing the popup windows? Something like what happens using the famous phpbb forum.

Thank you for the help. :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 4 Oct 2006 02:38 
I never thought phpBB has better implementation of these buttons. What we have here, is much better, 'cause it gives much wider possibilities of inserting such kind of information in the text.

But it's possible of course - take a look at templates/main_post_form.html and remove/modify the necessary JS code, also as code in templates/form.js file.

Author keplero
#3 | Posted: 5 Oct 2006 08:54 
also as code in templates/form.js file.

Can you specify me what's the code to modify in form.js? Thank you for the help... I don't think that the popup-system is bad, only I've seen that some users are suspicious when they see a popup window that asks for some information

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 5 Oct 2006 10:05 
I don't recommend to worry about users until you study their tastes :-)

Anyway, everything I could recommend is to look at phpBB code and some way to compare it with what miniBB has, and make necessary changes. If know JavaScript a bit, that wouldn't be too hard; we ourselves are providing custom modifications only for a fee, as it clearly states in our forum rules.

Author keplero
#5 | Posted: 5 Oct 2006 12:38 
Ok, thanks for your help and congratulations for the beautiful CMS you've created! :-)

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Directly insert tag [imgs] or [url]
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑