Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs /  

More replies than views???

Author PeKa
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 11 Aug 2002 14:58 
Hey, there!

Could you explain why this could happen?

More replies on a topic than views? Did they type directly into the DB? *g*

Author Sergei
Team member
#2 | Posted: 12 Aug 2002 01:56 
Hello. Views are counted only if user clicks on the first thread page. Clicks on other pages are not counted as topic views. It's logical if somebody views a topic he will obviously look at the first topic page in order to see what is that all about and users who've seen the topic already are simply going further and typing theur replies on other topic pages.

Author Team
8-)
#3 | Posted: 12 Aug 2002 10:29 
And as practice shows, most popular topics really have less views then replies... If we would count every view in 400-replies topic, don't you think the database would overloaded? :)

Author PeKa
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 12 Aug 2002 17:20 
Sure it would be overloaded, but it's just so confusing for users :-)
They'll ask you any time.

I just have the opinion, if you call it "views" it means "all views" and not "some of the views and some not". Maybe there's a better word for it? :-)

Author Team
8-)
#5 | Posted: 12 Aug 2002 18:15 
PeKa
No, they never ask us :) On our opinion, it is just simple stupid option. Personally I don't need to know how many users viewed a topic.

If you know a better word, just replace it... in your language file :)

Author 4days
Champi0n
#6 | Posted: 12 Aug 2002 19:20 
..It's logical if somebody views a topic he will obviously look at the first topic page in order to see what is that all about and users who've seen the topic already are simply going further and typing their replies on other topic pages.

that sounds too logical to me :)

Author PeKa
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 13 Aug 2002 12:43 
Team
They didn't ask you because in this forum there are more replies than views on any topic I've seen yet. If it's the opposite way, people might think they'll just going to stop to rely on that number because it doesn't show the number of views, which they want to know if they see "views".
I don't know any word that meets "Views on the first page of the thread". I guess, I'll just go with cutting it out from the template. Sorry but, for the user, it doesn't make much sense.

Author Team
8-)
#8 | Posted: 14 Aug 2002 11:59 
Another solution is: you can make asterisk (*) near "Views", for example, and create descriptive pop-up what actually "Views" mean.

Author PeKa
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 14 Aug 2002 13:13 
Yep, that'll be good ^_^'

Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs /
 More replies than views???
 Share Topic's Link

This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑