miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

Direct Email

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author steve
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 13 Jun 2003 15:46 
In the readme file of the "addondirectemail" there is written:
Please note, that there is a very big risk to include this option in public site.

Can anyone explain what are the risks?

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 13 Jun 2003 18:31 
There is a risk that someone will spam your server. Currently, there is no "human authorization protection" for this addon. We recommend to purchase a private messaging plugin, if you want your users communicate with each other privately.

Author Anonymous
#3 | Posted: 20 Dec 2004 04:32 
Hi,

I have added the "direct email" plugin, however I need a way to allow this use only to logged members.

Some help?

thanks in advance,

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 20 Dec 2004 10:38 
Somewhere in IF condition at the very top of the plugin script, you need to put additionally checking on user ID so it is not equal to 0. For example:

if($user!=$user_id and $rrr=db_simpleSelect...

becomes:

if($user_id!=0 and $user!=$user_id and $rrr=db_simpleSelect...

Author Anonymous
#5 | Posted: 21 Dec 2004 04:05 
thanks!

Author Justin
#6 | Posted: 24 May 2006 20:37 
I am trying to add a link under the "member name" on the topic page so people can email the poster. I want to elimiate the additional step of having them go to the user information page to contact the user.

It is for a classified system I am setting up. I have the direct email plugin installed.

Thanks for any help / advice in advance.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 4 Jul 2006 07:09 
If your board is set up only for registered members (at least it should), then edit templates/main_posts_cell.html file and paste similar URL near member nickname or wherever in this template... something like:

<a href="https://www.minibb.com/forums/{$indexphp}action=senddirect&amp;user={$poster_id}"> Contact</a>

Author Justin
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 4 Jul 2006 13:45 
That worked. Thanks!

Author pikkupiru
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 21 Sep 2006 08:37 
Hey guys,

I essentially want to do the same thing here, only I want the link to be on the members (addon) page. I have the layout right, it's just the link that I can't get to work as no matter what I try it won't include each individual ID number in the URL... it usually just tries to link to "/forum/index.php?action=senddirect&user=" - which obviously doesn't work!

What code am I missing and where am I missing it from? Any help appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#10 | Posted: 22 Sep 2006 05:15 
A link to paste in templates/addon_members_cell.html would be kind of...

https://www.minibb.com/forums/{$indexphp}action=senddirect&amp;user={$userId}

Author pikkupiru
Partaker
#11 | Posted: 23 Sep 2006 00:03 
Thanks Paul - perfect.

Author Vishal
Partaker
#12 | Posted: 7 Feb 2007 04:17 
How to include the username of member sending the email in the email message so if someone is found spamming, they can be easily identified?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#13 | Posted: 7 Feb 2007 09:39 
Vishal
Try to paste {$user_usr} in the proper place of the templates/email_direct_mode.txt file and that's would be all...

But you also need to know that "registered-users-only" mode for this addon preferrably should be turned on. In the default version it is done so. If user is not logged, his nickname, if not specified, won't be displayed when guests are allowed to send messages.

Writing all this I though I need to update this addon a bit and now you could the fresh version from downloads.

Author Vishal
Partaker
#14 | Posted: 7 Feb 2007 21:05 
Great! Thanks Paul!

Author Moony
Partaker
#15 | Posted: 22 Apr 2008 03:05 
I cannot test this plugin on the test forum. After entering captcha I get redirected to the main forum's page. Is is a bug or a feature?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 Direct Email
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑