®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /  

What's the best wasy to update a forum

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 10 Sep 2006 18:42 
Hello all,

What's the best way to update a minibb that hasn't been updated for a long time? The forum is heavily modified (templates, language and some code files to which I've added some extensions, but to my luck I haven't played around with the code). Should I just backup everything, overwrite all core files, see if there are differences between the templates and modify only the changed ones, than reinstall my extensions and finally translate the missing parts of the language files or is there a better way? BTW, if I'm using still RC4 what changes (if any) should I make to my DB and how do I do it?

Thanks,
Goran

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 11 Sep 2006 09:03 
The best way is to follow each miniBB release and make updates right away, keeping it always updated.

If you have modified core .php files and haven't saved your changes list - there is no way to upgrade. If you have changed only files we recommend to change - there are many ways. Try to read Ivan's guide. Try to follow step-by-step upgrade described in Update history. Try to hire us to do that job for you, if possible.

Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /
 What's the best wasy to update a forum
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑