Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Addon Whos Online

Author Slavik
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 26 Aug 2006 15:00 
My forum started to write this error above all

Warning: fopen(./shared_files/GLWCQz) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/nostrad/domains/nostradamys.ru/public_html/forum/addon_whosonlin e.php on line 34

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/nostrad/domains/nostradamys.ru/public_html/forum/addon_whosonlin e.php on line 36

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/nostrad/domains/nostradamys.ru/public_html/forum/addon_whosonlin e.php on line 38

I didnt change anything in the file addon_whosonline.php
It woked normally 3 month

And, what is it ./shared_files/GLWCQz
My folder shared_files/ doesnt contain this file on web

Thanx for help in advance

Author Sergei
Team member
#2 | Posted: 27 Aug 2006 00:15 
hello.. remove that file from shared_files and chmod the shared_files to 777, ie full read/write/execute permissions.

Author Slavik
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 27 Aug 2006 06:06 
chmod the shared_files to 777
It was 777

I have removed all folder shared_files and has again created it
With chmod 777

And again I get error
But now it includes other file DKsS6k
The error occured only then when I login and then opened forum in new page, or log out

Then I have opened on my comp this addon in notepad
Then Format > and uncheked Word Wrap
Saved
Uploaded
And it started to work without errors, normally

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 28 Aug 2006 08:24 
And it started to work without errors, normally
I'm sure this is occasional error, and if it started to work ok, it doesn't mean removing wraps helped :-) What has been happened, is that your provider probably did some updates on the server, and this error came during these updates.

Author Slavik
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 28 Aug 2006 08:59 
Paul
The error comes back now less often, but happens

I not unique at whom can be such problem.

Developers of minibb should think as to avoid similar errors.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 28 Aug 2006 09:12 
If you check our stats, we are not experiencing this problem since this addon has been installed, i.e. 2 Oct 2005. If your provider has bad server configuration, we can't do anything in this case.

You can check more about tempnam function, this error is related to it, or point your provider to it. If server fails to create a temporary file, it's a server's problem. How miniBB developers can be related to the server problems?..

Be sure also you are always having fresh version of miniBB/addons themselves, also as PHP version on your server must be up-to-date regularly. PHP versions below 5.x are out of support now, incl. our support.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Addon Whos Online
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑