miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /  

how to create a "secret room" in particular topic

Author senzacionale
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 16 Aug 2006 18:04 
I would like to know if in minibb is it possible to have secret room, that only some users can access to it and other users can't see and visit it.

My english isn't perfect but i hope you understand me.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 16 Aug 2006 18:07 
You can protect whole forums by one password, and spread this password within your users. Look up for $protectWholeForum, $protectWholeForumPwd options in setup_options.php also as in manual.

Author senzacionale
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 16 Aug 2006 21:33 
what about just one topic not whole forum, just one topic?

Is this also possible becouse nothing is said about this in manual.

thx

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 17 Aug 2006 07:47 
Try to paste in bb_plugins.php the code like that:

if($action=='vthread' and $topic==TOPIC_ID and !in_array($user_id, array(USER_ID_1, USER_ID_2, USER_ID_3) ) ){

$title.=$l_accessDenied; $errorMSG='Sorry! You are not allowed to visit this particular topic, because you are not in allowed users list.'; $correctErr='';
echo load_header();
echo ParseTpl(makeUp('main_warning'));
$endtime=get_microtime();
$totaltime=sprintf ("%01.3f", ($endtime-$starttime));
if(isset($includeFooter)) include($includeFooter); else echo ParseTpl(makeUp('main_footer'));
exit;

}

Substitute TOPIC_ID by your topic ID and specify array of allowed user IDs instead of USER_ID_1, USER_ID_2, USER_ID_3... etc.

Author senzacionale
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 17 Aug 2006 09:50 
thx Paul, this rocks

thx again!

Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /
 how to create a "secret room" in particular topic
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑