®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Little help with install, bit confused

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 1 Aug 2006 06:38 
Hi.
I love the script but i'm not sure what i'm doing really.
I set up the setup_options file and had the dbusername as - myname
and password as - password, then i changed those $T to a new name, wasn't sure what to change it to really..

I ran the install and got a db error, so then i dropped that sql file in mysql and it added the tables.. then mysite/_install.php said everything was ok and when i clicked to goto the forum or admin panel, i got a blank page..

I've installed forums before but it's been ages..
Can anybody assist me, i don't follow the manual fully.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 1 Aug 2006 07:56 
Ok, you don't follow the manual - who else can help you?

Author Team
8-)
#3 | Posted: 1 Aug 2006 16:01 
Ok, you don't follow the manual - but in which manner? You don't understand what's written here, or you just don't understand what you should do?

Author Anonymous
#4 | Posted: 2 Aug 2006 01:30 
Actually i got frustrated and deleted the db i created,
Then i got it working, must have been something to do with the tables
In my first install i dropped the default tables in the db then i added the
tables i created myself, then removed the default, that messed it up.
Working fine now.. nice small little system.

Author Please Help
#5 | Posted: 7 Aug 2006 02:28 
I'm having the exact same problem this guy was having. I've tried it about four or five different times, deleting the datbase and starting over from scratch everytime. I don't fully understand everything in the manual but I think I'm doing everything it says. It would be great if someone could tell me what I might be doing wrong.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 7 Aug 2006 09:31 
We are sure you are specifying wrong database information; anyway, there could be a lot of reasons, and we could start to investigate the problem only for a fee.

Author Please Help
#7 | Posted: 7 Aug 2006 20:23 
could it be that my host is not 'localhost'? How could I tell if I need to change something like that. I use globat. I can't afford to pay any money for help.

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#8 | Posted: 7 Aug 2006 23:06 
Please Help wrote: How could I tell if I need to change something like that.

Well, you check with your web host; a good starting point would be to consult their tech support knowledge base.

A quick search on the web site of your web host (Globat) reveals that the MySQL server should indeed be localhost.

Double check the database name, the database user name and the user password - check for typos; e.g., wrong cases.

All the best -
mb

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Little help with install, bit confused
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑