Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Master Class miniBB Support Forums / Master Class /  

Integration with external DB and Session management

Page  Page 4 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#46 | Posted: 21 Jun 2006 15:45 
Addition: call this function and study $user_id after that. If it's not equal to 0 (zero), than user is logged in.

Author Humbeggar
#47 | Posted: 29 Jul 2006 16:37 
I reinstalled minibb to integrate with wordpress, and I think everything is working properly regarding logging in and logging out. Except for one thing, which is the "Sign in/Post message" button on a posting page.

When I leave the post message box empty and login using the button, it works fine. But When I write a message, and submit my login information at the same time, it gives me the warning of "You are not allowed to perform this action."

Can you tell me what can possibly be wrong? I don't think it's a cookie issue 'cause I already used Firefox cookie option to check. By the way, if you want to look at the forum and try it for yourself,

http://vampsub.faydot.com/wp-forums

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#48 | Posted: 31 Jul 2006 07:49 
By the way, if you want to look at the forum and try it for yourself - by the way, it would be good to provide a demo login/password for that. Nobody should register on your site to check this out.

Author Humbeggar
#49 | Posted: 4 Aug 2006 01:03 
Sorry, Paul. Here is the demo login/password.

Username = "login"
Password = "password"

Please let me know when you are done using it, so that I can delete the demo account. Thanks.

Author Humbeggar
#50 | Posted: 4 Aug 2006 01:04 
You can also use the testing topic under "General" forum for testing postings.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#51 | Posted: 4 Aug 2006 07:51 
Well, so far I can see the same error on my side... but have no clues where it comes from. I've checked the code, and see this error may come, when there is something related to access to forums... but only powerful debugging may help in that case. If you could provide me a temporary FTP to your forums, I could take a look (free). You may contact me via ghappa [AT] gmail.com privately.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#52 | Posted: 5 Aug 2006 14:31 
Ok, thanks for the info provided, I've checked your site more closely...

When synchronizing miniBB with Wordpress - what kind of method were you using? Followed "synrhonizing miniBB" article, or just used modifed files from miniBB.com's Downloads section?

I've just taken bb_cookie.php file from that prepared solution, replaced it by what did you have, and now it works.

I've noticed there is a very small, but important difference in user_logged_in() function, provided in solution and the article. Probably that's why your login failed... I've fixed the article on this point.

Author Humbeggar
#53 | Posted: 5 Aug 2006 17:22 
Thanks Paul.

To answer your question: my first attempt was to use the prepared files from the Downloads section, and somehow it did not work (the whole login did not work at that point, perhaps I did something wrong...). So I figured that maybe I should install the original bb_cookie.php from the big installation package and then follow your synchronizing miniBB article instead. And after that I tweaked around to make sure that the login works.

But now that you say the prepared file works, I really don't know why it didn't work in the first place. I am glad the problem is fixed now though. Thank you again.

Author mattegg
#54 | Posted: 19 Sep 2006 14:16 
Thanks! I followed the instructions and suprised myself, i got it working! i integrated this into IndexU (nicecoder.com) directory software.

One thing people may need ot watch, (it confused me for ages) is that you cant have the forums outside the originating cookies folder, for example i had my cookie set from the directory here :
public_html/directory/ and i was trying to get it to work on
public_html/forum/

When i moved it to :
public_html/directory/forum/ it worked like a dream.

I wonder if anyone can tell me what i would need to do to make it work outside the directory like i had before? I dont really know how cookies work...

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#55 | Posted: 19 Sep 2006 17:26 
If you have nicecoder.com URL and if you need to let cookie work both on nicecoder.com, nicecoder.com/forums, nicecoder.com/anyfolder etc., then cookie's path needs to be set as '/'. You can specify in miniBB options which $cookiepath it's using, in setup_options.php, at which $cookiedomain and with which $cookiename. So, cookie can be read from anywhere of the domain - but only if it was set with the '/' path. In most common cases, $cookiedomain can be left as '' and $cookiename can be the same your site uses.

Author 2ramil
Partaker
#56 | Posted: 6 Jan 2007 03:08 
Paul
In bb_functions.php we have a function called user_logged_in(). Study index.php of how it runs this function, and you can do the same in your script.
how should i call this function? i've made this code:
define ('INCLUDED776',1);

include ('./forum/setup_options.php');
include ('./forum/setup_'.$DB.'.php');
include ('./forum/bb_cookie.php');
include ('./forum/bb_functions.php');
include ('./forum/bb_specials.php');

$user_id+=0;

user_logged_in();
echo $user_id;

but when i call this script, it returns blank page!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#57 | Posted: 6 Jan 2007 06:10 
Sorry, it's a custom question and I can't help you with that free.

Author Meekel
#58 | Posted: 2 Jul 2007 12:59 
In what file is the content of the session generated? I'm guessing in encrypts part of the username and password of some sort but can't find the file.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#59 | Posted: 3 Jul 2007 06:14 
miniBB doesn't use sessions. Cookies only.

$useSessions variable will not work with the latest release and will be eliminated in the future as the unuseful one.

Login processing is done in bb_cookie.php

Read more about the cookie format.

Author perx
#60 | Posted: 8 Jan 2008 05:28 
hi, i know the last posting is one yr old but i have some questions.

i have read though the tutorial but not yet implement it..need to have some questions answered before i go ahead...

- my current database doesnt have a userid, only username which is a primary key. Can it still work? Do i need to add the userid field in for the sake of adding, even though i have no use for it?

- my password field is stored as clear text..not encrypted. Can it still work? i hope i do not have to modify my script to store encrypted pwd

-my regdate is defined as VARCHAR storing only the date without time. Can it still work? I hope i do not have to change the database type

will appreciate if anyone can answer those questions. THANKS in advance!

Page  Page 4 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 
Master Class miniBB Support Forums / Master Class /
 Integration with external DB and Session management
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑