miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

Human Authorization addon ("CAPTCHA") goes on sale!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#1 | Posted: 19 Jul 2006 10:29 
The long-awaited and requested module is finally released. It's already tested and proven on 7 live sites, including our own forums and test forums. I'm myself very pleased with it, because it allows to keep miniBB forums spam-clean, at the same time anonymous users still can post.

The add on is preventing automated anonymous messages (normally, considered to be spam or flood). On some actions like new user registration or posting a message, the script will offer to enter Captcha code. There are also strong-mode options, which make impossible to flood your forums by automated programs on 100%.

Read more about this addon here:

miniBB's Human Authorization addon

General difference from other type addons is that you can configure the CAPTCHA image itself, using different fonts, colors, grid step etc., which makes it almost impossible to "recognize" by otherside decoders like PWNTCHA. It's highly customizable script even for any other programmer's needs.

Note: distributing this addon, we are not offering free installation anymore. Installation of this addon is worth our standard plugins installation rate.

Your comments and support are welcome ;-)

Author tom322
#2 | Posted: 26 Jul 2006 22:54 
I've tested it IN AND OUT for 2 weeks now on a busy public forum (no registration to post) and let me tell you - it is worth each and every penny. I had at least 2 different robo-scripts spamming different threads at least twice a day. Now I can sleep like a baby :).

Author Serg
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 26 Jul 2006 23:29 
Yes! Already two weeks - no spam :) I'm even missing it ;))

Author tom322
#4 | Posted: 28 Jul 2006 04:29 
I'm even missing it ;))
What's your URL? I prefer to test on remote servers..:)

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#5 | Posted: 29 Aug 2006 10:36 
Dear Sirs,

I just purchased your Captcha plugin with my brand new credit card :) So, I now expect the plugin delivery :)

Greetings.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 29 Aug 2006 10:57 
Thank you! You should receive email notification about your order, containing all necessary information you may know. After your CC will be passed on 2checkout.com, you will get addon files on the email provided. Usually it happens within 24-36 hours.

Author dboz
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 30 Aug 2006 21:15 
hoping this will kill the spam onslaught at the site Im developing - riverrootslive.com thanks

Author tom322
#8 | Posted: 31 Aug 2006 05:17 
hoping this will kill the spam onslaught at the site Im developing - riverrootslive.com thanks
I'm sure it will - I had the same problem. Now I actually miss spam - some was interesting.. ;)

News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 Human Authorization addon ("CAPTCHA") goes on sale!
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑